Thread: Worst rides

Worst rides

We always talk about the best rides. So for a change what are the worst rides? Don't just list the ride tell us why and how it could be better if a park would change something on it.

I will go first. This ride is no longer at Six Flags Over Ga. Raging Rivers. At the time that land was the site of log flume #1. I like flume 1 better than flume 2. But to have a set of waterslides a the front of the park never made since. noone want to climb stairs to ride in a rubber raft that always got stuck. It did not last long and was replaced with a coaster.

It's your turn.
    Last edited by coasterstar; 03-19-2012 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Needed to add park name
    ThrillNetwork Editor
    Wild Eagle will get the golden ticket
    worked 1987-2002 @ SFOG
    HAPPY 45 BIRTHDAY SFOG
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: thunderhead Dollywood | Steel Roller Coaster: mindbender sfog

Remember to mention what park the ride is at but I assume you were talking about the water ride where Georgia Scorcher is now located at SFOG. I think SFGADV had the similar water raft rides in the 90s where Safari Kids, Looney Tunes Seaport and NITRO is at. I rode those water rides a lot in the 90s and some flats before I rode any coasters in the 90s at SFGADV.

I think we have a worst coaster thread. This is a worst ride thread: I think you're in the clear.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

Worst ride to me? Scat 2. That hurt like hell.
    ~Website Admin and Staff Director~

Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator 305

I honestly can't think of one. I'm not saying that there aren't any out there, I usually pick and choose my rides so if it looks questionable I choose not to ride it. That has prevented me from riding any terrible rides in recent memory.

ok - one just came to memory... It's a small world at WDW has to be the most highly overrated ride out there. The music gave me a headache that lasted for days and it was completely uneventful. I understand it's a classic, but... come on...
    205 coasters and counting...
    Travel Blog | Twitter | Facebook
    Favorites: Amusement Park: All of them | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator

Scat 2 wasn't very much fun for me either.

Also one of the Loop O Plane was crazy since I had to hold my self to stop my head from hitting the celing each time. lol

Also, I loved the Intamin Gen. 1 drops, but the transitions were HORRIBLE and very painful. I've been on Demon Drop (both at CP, and Dorney) and Free Fall at SFOG. Free Fall was my first drop ride I think too.
    Last edited by Wes; 03-19-2012 at 08:27 PM.
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313

Proud Member of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

This Chance Twister at Williams Grove Park in PA was quite extreme on my neck. The story I keep telling about that park is I went there on Labor Day on what turned out to be the very last day the park ever operated. I remember the lights shining on that Twister sign.

Seeing a snippet of Williams Grove's Wikipedia entry they got rides from Palisades Park in NJ. That's cool I may have been on some of that defunct park's rides.

I can't believe this Williams Grove page is still up: http://www.williamsgrovepark.com/rides.html
    Last edited by Leo C; 03-19-2012 at 08:50 PM.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

Quote Originally Posted by Brad M View Post
    We always talk about the best rides. So for a change what are the worst rides? Don't just list the ride tell us why and how it could be better if a park would change something on it.

I will go first. This ride is no longer at Six Flags Over Ga. Raging Rivers. At the time that land was the site of log flume #1. I like flume 1 better than flume 2. But to have a set of waterslides a the front of the park never made since. noone want to climb stairs to ride in a rubber raft that always got stuck. It did not last long and was replaced with a coaster.

It's your turn.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thrillnetwork photos4.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	116.7 KB 
ID:	19883Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thrillnetwork photos3.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	19884
    ThrillNetwork Editor
    worked 1987-2002 @ SFOG
    HAPPY 45 BIRTHDAY SFOG
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: thunderhead Dollywood | Steel Roller Coaster: mindbender sfog

Quote Originally Posted by Wes View Post
    Scat 2 wasn't very much fun for me either.

Also one of the Loop O Plane was crazy since I had to hold my self to stop my head from hitting the celing each time. lol

Also, I loved the Intamin Gen. 1 drops, but the transitions were HORRIBLE and very painful. I've been on Demon Drop (both at CP, and Dorney) and Free Fall at SFOG. Free Fall was my first drop ride I think too.
    In the far corner you can see SFOG Freefall Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thrillnetwork photos7.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	19885
    ThrillNetwork Editor
    worked 1987-2002 @ SFOG
    HAPPY 45 BIRTHDAY SFOG

Quote Originally Posted by Rick B View Post
    ok - one just came to memory... It's a small world at WDW has to be the most highly overrated ride out there. The music gave me a headache that lasted for days and it was completely uneventful. I understand it's a classic, but... come on...
    I couldn't agree more with you! And to think I actually tortured myself by enduring it at Disneyland too knowing very well it would be the same ride. What in the world was I thinking?
    ThrillNetwork Moderator(Originally known as Nitro Luvr)
    2014 Coaster Draft Selection - Shambhala - Katun - Troy - Superman / la Atracción de Acero - Nefeskesen - Mammut - Air - Big Thunder Mountain
    Proud mem**r of the 400 club!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Thunderhead, Mammut, and Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Hyper-Nitro, Giga-Intimidator 305, LIM/LSM- bluefire, Inverted-Katun, Floorless-Kraken, Flying-Manta

^What's sad is that we'll probably end up riding it again next year when we go to WDW. I heard they made some upgrades to it since we were last there in 2008. I am willing to be anybody that I won't be able to tell the difference.

Notice this WDW trip will conveniently be after the new woodie opens at Fun Spot America and the new coaster opens at WDW.
    205 coasters and counting...
    Travel Blog | Twitter | Facebook
    Favorites: Amusement Park: All of them | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator

Quote Originally Posted by Rick B View Post
    ^What's sad is that we'll probably end up riding it again next year when we go to WDW. I heard they made some upgrades to it since we were last there in 2008. I am willing to be anybody that I won't be able to tell the difference.

Notice this WDW trip will conveniently be after the new woodie opens at Fun Spot America and the new coaster opens at WDW.
    I did ride after the upgrades I could not tell any differnce. maybe the song was clearer and causes you to sing it for days after you leave. They could make it better by changing the ride rules by not allowing guys to ride.

Today attraction for me was Boat tag at SFOG. This was a upcharge ride. A huge pool was built that had boats to ride in and shoot targets. You could also buy ball to shoot at the boats. If your boat was shot it would stall. The boats had problems and I font think I ever had a full ride. Six flags not only missed up with this ride but bought a second on for Cotton states call tank tag both went away very fast
    Last edited by Antoine; 03-20-2012 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Merged double posts
    ThrillNetwork Editor
    worked 1987-2002 @ SFOG
    HAPPY 45 BIRTHDAY SFOG

The Predator at Darien Lake, now that's a big pain in the butt that coaster is always rough!

Minetrain Poster
    Viper at great adventure, that was one back breaking coaster, folks would come off that ride needing to pop a pill or seek medical attention also, windseeker at all cedar fair Parks, some have left riders stranded at 300 ft, this ride is a total bust.

Grizzly at CGA is just... wow. Not a fun ride at all. So glad we're getting a new woodie.

Cedar Downs at Cedar Point used to be a fun ride. It has been slowed down and now it's not much more than a regular merry-go-round. Maybe it's me, but the horses on this ride are designed for a faster paced and since it's now going so slow, my butt hurts after riding (and I've got more than enough extra padding in that area - so I really feel for all the skinny riders).

On the hunt for 400 Thunderhawk's Avatar
    Roller Coaster at Hoffman's Playland. Why would you do this to children? They have done nothing to deserve that kind of pain.
    My hardest earned credit is The Legend at Holiday World, first ridden 5.19.2012, exactly 1399 days after my first visit to Holiday World.
    Next up: Beech Bend/Kentucky Kingdom/Kings Island/Cedar Point
    Favorites: Amusement Park: SFGAdv/Cedar Point/SFMM | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Ravine Flyer II, Outlaw Run, Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Bizarro @ SFNE, New Texas Giant, Iron Rattler

Not the worst ride, but it ranks up there in my book: Doctor Doom's FearFall at Islands of Adventure. It is just so incredibly forceless and an overall boring ride. Really is a disappointment for S&S Power. And of course Goudurix at Parc Asterix is by far the worst roller coaster ever created. If your love your back and wish to walk upright, you will avoid this thing.
    2014 Coaster Draft Selection - Shambhala - Katun - Troy - Superman / la Atracción de Acero - Nefeskesen - Mammut - Air - Big Thunder Mountain
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Thunderhead, Mammut, and Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Hyper-Nitro, Giga-Intimidator 305, LIM/LSM- bluefire, Inverted-Katun, Floorless-Kraken, Flying-Manta

The only ride I've ever really hated is T2 at Kentucky Kingdom. It takes a lot for me to hate a ride, and T2 managed it easily. There was nothing fun about this crappy Vekoma SLC whatsoever. The sad thing is that the SLC layout is great, and should offer a great ride, but apparently the trains are the culprit, since I've heard nothing but great things about the SLCs that have received the upgraded trains. Maybe if Kentucky Kingdom ever reopens, the new owners will invest in a T2 train upgrade.

Mean Streak at Cedar Point is also high on my list of bad rides. It's rough, sure, but to me the main culprit for it being a bad ride is that it is just so boring due to over-braking, and momentum-killing train jostling. It's an absolutely beautiful roller coaster, but the ride it delivers is just not good. I hope someday CP will either give it the Rocky Mountain treatment, or replace it with a better wooden coaster (or steel, but they need a good wooden coaster). But as it is, Mean Streak is just a pretty roller coaster sculpture to look at while I'm waiting in line for Maverick.
    ThrillNetwork Database Editor

"I won't stop riding roller coasters when I get old. I'll get old when I stop riding roller coasters" -Unknown
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World / Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

I had to hop in here just to say that I actually found someone who enjoyed Viper at Great Adventure. I didn't think they made those people, LOL!
    I've been real all my life, they confuse it with conceit
    Since I will not lose, they try to help him cheat
    But I will not lose, for even in defeat
    There's a valuable lesson learned, so it evens it up for me
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Universal Studios Hollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Nitro

Were they sober when they said this? lol

Or maybe abscence makes the heart grow fonder. lol
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313

Proud Member of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

Maybe. But that is one ride I will never miss. Can't see how someone loved it.

I just told her she must really like pain, haha.
    I've been real all my life, they confuse it with conceit
    Since I will not lose, they try to help him cheat
    But I will not lose, for even in defeat
    There's a valuable lesson learned, so it evens it up for me
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Universal Studios Hollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Nitro

She has to. That ride was one of the worst things I had ever been on before. Then in hindsight, I can't believe I waited over 2 hours in line the opening season to ride it.

Minetrain Poster RollTideDriver's Avatar
    This is probably an unpopular choice but Blazing Fury at Dollywood is just awful to me. Im a tall guy (6'5) and the train back is right in the middle of mine and the final drop and jerk has put my back out three times. I guess either I got to big or to old for it but its now the worst ride for me.