Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Outlaw Run - Silver Dollar City 2013

MidwestInfoGuide Chief Editor

Outlaw Run - Silver Dollar City 2013

Footers, Station Foundations and More!

photos from 3.17.12
    MidwestInfoGuide.COM v9.0 | SILVER DOLLAR CITY PARK UPDATE
    | DHOLLON "SWOOSH" | ~ http://www.MIDWESTINFOGUIDE.com ~ | 585 COASTERS | MIZZOU-RAH! |
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Silver Dollar City | Wooden Roller Coaster: PROWLER™ | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force™

Well for what? Can i get a caption here? I'll check your photos out.

The one concentrated cluster looks like what the turnaround for Wild Eagle has. The few footers I have seen have me leaning towards a steel coaster.
    Last edited by Leo C; 03-19-2012 at 07:08 PM.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

Editor
    Yeah, I 'm feeling the same vibe! lol

Steel Coaster for sure...
    The Adventure is coming! 2014 Coaster Draft picks
    Kingda Ka, Wild Eagle, ​Bahemath, The Kraken, FireChaser Express, Mavrick, Medusa, ​Full Throttle, Storm Runner,
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: ThunderHead | Steel Roller Coaster: Wild Eagle

Silver Dollar City

Are you sure it is going to be a steel coaster?
    | DHOLLON "SWOOSH" | ~ http://www.MIDWESTINFOGUIDE.com ~ | 585 COASTERS | MIZZOU-RAH! |
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Silver Dollar City | Wooden Roller Coaster: PROWLER™ | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force™

Silver Dollar City has been high on my list of parks to get to. It's great to see they are continuing to improve the park.

Thanks for sharing that link, DHollon. Looking at the footers made me think wooden coaster. Since it's rumored to be RMC, you never know if it's going to be a woodie or hybrid, but I'm leaning towards a woodie.
    205 coasters and counting...
    Travel Blog | Twitter | Facebook
    Favorites: Amusement Park: All of them | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator

I agree with Rick. It looks like a woodie to me. The footer cluster does not look like the turnaround like WE because the turnaround has one huge central footer with a bunch around it. It was said that the central footer for those turn was big enough to fit a VW in it. I know Dollywood has Thunderhead which is one of the best GCI coasters out there. So I would suspect a GCI.
    2014 Coaster Draft : El Toro (SFGA) , Bizarro (SFNE), Boulder Dash (Lake Compounce), Nemesis (Alton Towers), Blue Fire Megacoaster (Europa Park), Black Mamba (Phantasialand), Twister (Grona Lund), Intimidator 305 (Kings Dominion) , Riddler's Revenge (SFMM), Cheetah Hunt (BGTampa)
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kennywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath

This is apparently a Rocky Mountain Coaster wooden ride. They have been quoted talking about being in works with Silver Dollar City AND Six Flags Fiesta Texas. Due to the footer work, we can properly deduce that their first built Roller Coaster is going in here, with Rattler getting the topper or Iron Horse treatment.

For source purposes, here is a link: Spokane Journal of Business - The Business Newspaper For The Inland Northwest - North Idaho roller coaster maker expands to accommodate innovations
    SpeedZone Staffer
    *2012 Draft 3rd Place!
    Creation List: Indecisive - Timber Wolf: The Hunt - Rewind - Omega - Forbidden Forest Ride - unknown
    Tutorials: Current: B&M Floorless/Sit-Down inverting
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Skyrocket

I saw in the pics the flat plot of land. I thought with Renegade and Evel Knievel a generally flat pad of concrete is poured around the wooden coaster footers. Rocky Mountain Coasters did throw in those few full on steel supports on the Texas Giant for those super overbanked new turns.

With Joe mentioning Rocky Mountain I heard their name first after DHollon gave clues a few months ago about this SDC project. I threw in the Wild Eagle hint to get some viewers from our Wild Eagle construction thread. If the people care about Dollywood I would hope they would care about Dolly's sister park. SDC already has Wildfire anyway.
    Last edited by Leo C; 03-20-2012 at 06:45 PM.
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

Welcome to Flickr! Wooden structure going up!

Perhaps DHollon will get new pics this weekend. I sense the ride is taller now. I believe a big new bent is up. I haven't seen updates on modern social media.

http://sdcfans.com/forums/index.php?...40218#msg40218
    A coaster by Rocky Mountain Coasters; this has to be discussed.
    Last edited by Leo C; 04-20-2012 at 11:16 PM.

Lift hill is now vertical. (Photos from Sat 4.21)

MidwestInfoGuide.COM v9.0 | SDC PROJECT 2013 UPDATE

Thanks much for the updates DHollon!
    Thrillnetwork Database Lead Editor (formerly coasterb)

Don't forget to log your rides in the database!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ravine Flyer II | Steel Roller Coaster: Diamondback

DHollon shows us that there are now many bents to the lift hill up.

Great timing to get this progress.

I had no idea they were already building this thing. They certainly got a big head start,lol.
    -Termination complete-

Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood

The popular theory is that this was originally supposed to new the addition for 2012. Shoot at the rate they're going it will be built before they close in December.

The rumored name is a bunch of... well, bull.
    Last edited by DHollon; 05-19-2012 at 06:41 PM.

Isn't there room in the Midwest for only one Outlaw? There is the Outlaw at Adventureland in Iowa. It's the first CCI coaster I thought. I still need to get that. Now Silver Dollar City is going to dish out The Outlaw?

DHollon had a link to a trademark filing.

Been Here Since the Begining Sir Willow's Avatar
    Lift hill has been topped. They've also bridged the railroad with the track coming out of the station. They are starting work now on the drop.

No word, official or otherwise, has been given to most of the employees as of yet, and not sure if anything has been said to anyone outside of the higher ups, so anything on dates is just rumor and speculation- even about past dates.

i can say that it's pretty obviously the tallest thing in the park at this point. Lots of rumors about drops and turns, but anyone who really knows isn't saying anything publicly yet.
    Have you read my number 1 best seller? There will be a test! ~God
    Life with God is one thrill ride you'll never want to get off of.
    My park & coaster photos: Sir Willow's Smugmug pictures
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Silver Dollar City, Dollywood, Bonfante Gardens, Holiday World, SFGrAm, Legoland and Disneyland | Wooden Roller Coaster: Phoenix,Thunderhead- Dollywood, NM Rattler, Raven & Legend- HW, Viper- SFGrAm, Giant Dipper-SCBB | Steel Roller Coaster: X!!, Goliath, Talon, Millenium Force, Montu, Kumba, others

Is there a facebook group/page - Twitter contact that could shed some more light on this project? I'm slow with finding a forum that's good for this project.

^nope. Nothing more than sdcfans.com but they don't know anymore than what I've posted... I do know more thanks to an insider but don't feel comfortable sharing the info yet as I don't want him in trouble. Hope to have photos sometime this weekend online. I'm going to the park on Friday.

Been Here Since the Begining Sir Willow's Avatar
    ^ There's a few bits and pieces that have come from some of those working on the ride, but none of it official, and honestly no way to know how accurate any of it is. The park is saying absolutely nothing to anyone- in or out of the park- at the moment.

Framing and walls are going up on the station now, and they've started the turn at the top of the lift, as they turn it towards it's possible first drop down into the valley.
    Have you read my number 1 best seller? There will be a test! ~God
    Life with God is one thrill ride you'll never want to get off of.
    My park & coaster photos: Sir Willow's Smugmug pictures
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Silver Dollar City, Dollywood, Bonfante Gardens, Holiday World, SFGrAm, Legoland and Disneyland | Wooden Roller Coaster: Phoenix,Thunderhead- Dollywood, NM Rattler, Raven & Legend- HW, Viper- SFGrAm, Giant Dipper-SCBB | Steel Roller Coaster: X!!, Goliath, Talon, Millenium Force, Montu, Kumba, others

Photos from Friday May 18th, 2012
    MidwestInfoGuide.COM v9.0 | SDC PROJECT 2013 UPDATE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	30b.JPG 
Views:	91 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	20383  

A group of Hershey employees, regional enthusiasts with sites were pretty good on facebook on a group page. I think that group was watched over/commissioned by Hersheypark. They somehow sucked me into that group, perhaps by what I posted here on Skyrush and falling within one of their regional target markets.

That surely looks like a completed lift hill.
    Last edited by Leo C; 05-19-2012 at 11:06 PM.

Topper track already connecting the lift hill to the station and already going up the lift hill. DHollon gets the Screamscape mention this week. Great work.

Is that a X first drop?
    http://sdcfans.com/photos/feat/23
    We must keep our eyes open for updates on this ride.

Thanks for keeping us updated.. this looks like this will be a goodie. I think SDC will be on my park list for 2013.
    2014 Coaster Draft : El Toro (SFGA) , Bizarro (SFNE), Boulder Dash (Lake Compounce), Nemesis (Alton Towers), Blue Fire Megacoaster (Europa Park), Black Mamba (Phantasialand), Twister (Grona Lund), Intimidator 305 (Kings Dominion) , Riddler's Revenge (SFMM), Cheetah Hunt (BGTampa)
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kennywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath

The current rumor going around is that this will have an 81 degree drop at 160 feet. Could this be a possibility? After seeing a couple of those pictures....yes, I see that happening QUITE easily as wasn't NTG amped up to over 70?
    SpeedZone Staffer
    *2012 Draft 3rd Place!
    Creation List: Indecisive - Timber Wolf: The Hunt - Rewind - Omega - Forbidden Forest Ride - unknown
    Tutorials: Current: B&M Floorless/Sit-Down inverting
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Skyrocket

It's a quiet project. At least an additional person is getting updates than DHollon.

I hope it's a quality ride. I don't want a SOB.

I got a kick out of your post Leo on FB about that person already proclaiming this ride to be better than El Toro. Talk about premature opinions (which are quite irrelevent too). El Toro is no slouch and this coaster will have to perform VERY well if it thinks it will top El Toro in any category of being the best. Not saying it isn't possible, but you are talking about the number one wooden coaster in the world. Not an easy feat to topple it. Just glad to see SDC getting a new ride. This place is on my to do list within the next 5 years. I was soooo close to SDC 3 years ago but wasn't able to go since they were closed the day I was in the area.
    ThrillNetwork Moderator(Originally known as Nitro Luvr)
    2014 Coaster Draft Selection - Shambhala - Katun - Troy - Superman / la Atracción de Acero - Nefeskesen - Mammut - Air - Big Thunder Mountain
    Proud mem**r of the 400 club!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Thunderhead, Mammut, and Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Hyper-Nitro, Giga-Intimidator 305, LIM/LSM- bluefire, Inverted-Katun, Floorless-Kraken, Flying-Manta

Rocky Mountain Coasters was primarily the building contractor of El Toro, T-Express, the Chicago Deja Vu relocation. They got to look at the blueprints. With the Texas Giant they had at least half the structure up to work with. This is an entire project from the ground up from them so I am watching this cautiously.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast