Thread: Any of you kind of wish you could be on a ride stuck upsidedown.

Any of you kind of wish you could be on a ride stuck upsidedown.

i honestly have mixed feelings about that i kind of wish it could happen but then its like i would be scared if it happened and i would also be bored and annoyed idk its just i really have mixed feelings but at the same time it looks like it could be an interesting exprence and i am just wondering if anyone anyone else has wondered what it would be like to be stuck on a ride while upsidedown.

I would never ever want to be stuck upside down on a coaster. The blood rushing to your head is dangerous if allowed to happen for too long. Also, if the cause of the ride meant that simply being pushed through the rest of the loop was impossible, I would HATE having to be evacuated upside down. If I were to ever get stuck on a ride, I would hope it's right-side-up.
    ThrillNetwork Database Editor

"I won't stop riding roller coasters when I get old. I'll get old when I stop riding roller coasters" -Unknown
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World / Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

no you are alone on this one i wouldnt want to be stuck upside down on a roller coaster im sure it would get pretty painful after about two or three minutes im glad that they are rare actually but i did get to see this happen to a mystery mine car when i was at dollywood a few weeks ago not often you get to see a car stuck upside down lol thankfully it was an empty car though
    -Termination complete-

Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood

I don't even remotely wish this on anybody. I would think it is very uncomfortable to be in that position for any length of time.
    205 coasters and counting...
    Travel Blog | Twitter | Facebook
    Favorites: Amusement Park: All of them | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator

Quote Originally Posted by Rick B View Post
    I don't even remotely wish this on anybody. I would think it is very uncomfortable to be in that position for any length of time.
    I second that. I was at SFOG when Air Racer crashed and the planes broke lose. It took hours to get everyone down. Accident Air Race - YouTube
    ThrillNetwork Editor
    Wild Eagle will get the golden ticket
    worked 1987-2002 @ SFOG
    HAPPY 45 BIRTHDAY SFOG
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: thunderhead Dollywood | Steel Roller Coaster: mindbender sfog

On the hunt for 400 Thunderhawk's Avatar
    I can't think of anything I would want to happen less to me on an amusement ride that didn't involve maiming or death. The headache this would cause would be unbelievable, and I would imagine would last several days, not to mention the neck strain.
    My hardest earned credit is The Legend at Holiday World, first ridden 5.19.2012, exactly 1399 days after my first visit to Holiday World.
    Next up: Beech Bend/Kentucky Kingdom/Kings Island/Cedar Point
    Favorites: Amusement Park: SFGAdv/Cedar Point/SFMM | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Ravine Flyer II, Outlaw Run, Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Bizarro @ SFNE, New Texas Giant, Iron Rattler

I got stuck right-side up on Ricochet at KD for 20 minutes, and that was horrible enough. Upside down? No thank you. I can't even imagine the bruises you'd have on your legs the next day, not to mention the headache.

i was stuck u/d for almost 15 min on a carnival ride called the claw at heavenbound christianfest and it wasn't bad because they played gentle music to keep us calm. the songs were i can only imagine by mercyme and revelation song(newsboys version) during the song god's not dead also by newsboys they got us off! since it was at an all christian carnival and there was heavenly music and atmosphere there i wasn't scared i just focused on god.

Nope. I wouldn't want that to happen to me. As been mentioned before, the blood rushing to your head and not to mention the pain it will cause on your body anywhere that your body is falling into the restraints. It would not be comfortable at all. I don't even like the feeling of certain exercises I do which require my head to be slightly upside down and that's only for a minute or so. I also got stopped on V2 for 20 minutes just ahead of the station. After a while, it gets to be uncomfortable not being able to move much and those retraints start to hurt.
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME
    Favorites: Amusement Park: 1. Cedar Point 2. SFGAm 3. Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1. The Voyage 2. Viper 3. The Boss 4. Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: 1. Millennium Force 2. Top Thrill Dragster 3. Maverick 4. Raging Bull 5. Raptor

I'd probably have some sort of panick attack just getting stuck on any roller coaster up right. Only way I'd want to be restrained for any extended period of time would be by a girl, definitely not a roller coaster.

I was once stuck upside down on a Banzai ride at my county fair. It was no more than five minutes but I just remember hearing the motor die down and the arms locked vertical. Not too many happy people after we finally got off. They closed it the rest of the night. The only other stranded experience I have was atop Acrophobia for a little under half an hour. THAT was highly uncomfortable and seeing as I'm terrified of open heights I was not having fun. It didn't even drop. The mechanics took ten minutes to slowly lower the car back to the ground. Both events were not fun and I would not wish myself or anyone to have to experience either.

Minetrain Poster
    Oh hell nooooo, I would not want to be stuck upside down, I would go into an panic attack if they didn't get me off fast enough. Imagine if the person next to you was extremely over weight, I look at them an say"you know we are about to plunge to our death righ

Hats for (Carousel)Horses Racer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by koasterkid14 View Post
    I was once stuck upside down on a Banzai ride at my county fair. It was no more than five minutes but I just remember hearing the motor die down and the arms locked vertical. Not too many happy people after we finally got off. They closed it the rest of the night. The only other stranded experience I have was atop Acrophobia for a little under half an hour. THAT was highly uncomfortable and seeing as I'm terrified of open heights I was not having fun. It didn't even drop. The mechanics took ten minutes to slowly lower the car back to the ground. Both events were not fun and I would not wish myself or anyone to have to experience either.
    I've operated Acrophobia and I'll tell you that being stranded on that ride is uncomfortable, no matter where you are. I haven't been stuck at the top, but I have seen it happen several times while operating the ride. I have been stuck at the bottom and the reason it is uncomfortable is because the seats are still tilted forward and you're about five feet off the ground.

I have however wanted to be on a coaster during a rollback. I think most of us would.
    Last edited by Racer; 12-06-2012 at 11:34 PM.
    ThrillNetwork SpeedZone Editor and unofficial DB Editor
    Please stand with your feet flat on the... stand up.. no- why are you sitting??? STAND UP ON THE GEORGIA SCORCHER!!!
    2014 Coaster Draft: Leviathan, Banshee, Alpengeist, Aftershock, GoldStriker, DareDevilDive, GeorgiaScorcher, Tatsu, SheiKra
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath(SFOG)