Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dollywood's next attraction!?

^ They may have just needed to clear a lot to get the equipment up there.

I like the idea of a top spin, I so wish Carowinds would invest in one. Although I don't want one with the water spray, I want a top spin, not a water ride.
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313

Proud Mem**r of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

Editor
    If I heard correctly there will be no rides added in 2013...BUT they will be focusing 2013 for updating their shows! Also this season is the last season for Dreamland Drive-In too! So it would make since for 2013 to be focused on their shows! Then in 2014 and on they can focus on new rides and what have you. I can see a thrill ride where timber tower was and I can see a Buzz-saw theme ride of some sort!

Let's get back on topic ok? lol
    The Adventure is coming! 2014 Coaster Draft picks
    Kingda Ka, Wild Eagle, ​Bahemath, The Kraken, FireChaser Express, Mavrick, Medusa, ​Full Throttle, Storm Runner,
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: ThunderHead | Steel Roller Coaster: Wild Eagle

While I wish Timber Towers spot doesn't remain a picnic area next year (I'd be happier if it were a stage for a lumberjack show) back to the topic it is. For DW's next coaster while I'd love to see a terrain woody or terrain air-time machine I don't think it would replace what's been missing ever since Thunder Express left the park. While maybe not a mine train, I think the park needs something that fills the same niche. Perhaps a custom spinner, or Powder Keg'ish ride, maybe now that DW and Gaylord have some ties they could theme up a spinner in the 50's section and call it Little Deuce Scoop and pay homage to Opryland.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris A View Post
    Let's get back on topic ok? lol
    Problem with the thread is that the title is probably 4 years too soon to even be mildly entertaining. Perhaps a thread should be started titled "Dollywood's next attraction"?

-coughwincough-

Huh? What's happening? -shrugs-
    -Termination complete-

Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood

Quote Originally Posted by sclisso View Post
    -coughwincough-

Huh? What's happening? -shrugs-
    Termination
    Let it shine, let it shine
    On and on, on and on, come to life

David Crowder*Band: Give Us Rest (A Requiem Mass in C [The Happiest of All Keys])
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1-Thunderhead, 2-El Toro, 3-Wild One (SFA) | Steel Roller Coaster: 1-Intimidator 305, 2- Maverick, 3-Goliath (SFOG)

Editor
    Quote Originally Posted by Coug View Post
    Problem with the thread is that the title is probably 4 years too soon to even be mildly entertaining. Perhaps a thread should be started titled "Dollywood's next attraction"?

Why not just change the name of this thread instead of posting a new one? If I knew how to do it I would! lol
    Kingda Ka, Wild Eagle, ​Bahemath, The Kraken, FireChaser Express, Mavrick, Medusa, ​Full Throttle, Storm Runner,
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: ThunderHead | Steel Roller Coaster: Wild Eagle

Name changed. Keep in mind that this is not a 'General Dollywood' forum and focus needs to be maintained on the topic at hand. It is ok to deviate some, but not to a level that anything is being talked about.
    ThrillNetwork Moderator(Originally known as Nitro Luvr)
    2014 Coaster Draft Selection - Shambhala - Katun - Troy - Superman / la Atracción de Acero - Nefeskesen - Mammut - Air - Big Thunder Mountain
    Proud mem**r of the 400 club!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Thunderhead, Mammut, and Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Hyper-Nitro, Giga-Intimidator 305, LIM/LSM- bluefire, Inverted-Katun, Floorless-Kraken, Flying-Manta

Editor
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoine View Post
    Name changed. Keep in mind that this is not a 'General Dollywood' forum and focus needs to be maintained on the topic at hand. It is ok to deviate some, but not to a level that anything is being talked about.
    Thanks Antoine! I agree, lets stick with the topic as much as possible!

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Barto View Post
    Termination
    LMAO! Oh yeah, I almost forgot! =D
    -Termination complete-

Ok, I'll start off with a few ideas, you guys can voice opinions or add to the list!

I'll lead with a question: What part of the park could use/needs and could accept a new attraction of some kind?

1. Drop tower where (It who must not be named, lol) used to be.
    2. A bathroom somewhere between TT and the old Sky Zip booth. Sorry, I know this isn't a legit attraction but darnit I sure would use it. Moving on.....
    3. Don't kill me for suggesting this but what about a log themed chair lift? Thoughts? Bad idea? Not sure where it would go or how you'd get back down but....
    4. Gigantic ferris wheel(realizing they have a small one in country fair of course)? No? Eyesore?
    5. An actual suspended attraction ride(sort of like the Pteradactyl ride in Universal http://www.flickr.com/photos/ontransmission/5497182212/). Themed to some other bird at the DW bird sanctuary. And have it so you're laying flat on your stomach actually flying over.
    6. Lookout tower shaped like a fire tower?

Ok... any other ideas?

No input from anyone?

Someone needs to comment on my ideas and/or reply to the thread with some of their own ideas.

DOLLYWOOD 2013 UPDATES AND CLUES

Dollywood has just released they're yearly "Clues & Hints" that sends us Dollywood Lovers (haha see what I did there ) on crazy rampages trying to figure out what it could be, and this time, I have to say...It is weird for Dollywood. Dealing with a Superhero? But oh well I am going to go along with this because it sounds interesting, and at first I thought the name "Wild Eagle" sounded weird, and now look at what an amazing coaster we have . Anyway onto what they have released. Today on Dollywood's Facebook Page they released a story/kickoff saying....
    "Hmm...I just received a very interesting email. It contained a short sound clip and a weird abstract looking picture. The email address that it came from was blocked. They told me that I had to post the contents of the email on the Dollywood Facebook page if I wanted to be a “super hero.” (Clearly, I want to be a super hero.) They also said that they will be sending other clues this week and as long as I post them on our Facebook page, our Dollywood Friends would get a "one-of-a-kind, HUGE surprise." I like all our Dollywood Friends so I do not want to disappoint anyone, I like surprises, and I’m not goona lie, I would like to wear a cape - GAME ON! Does anyone think they can figure out what this stuff means?" -Dollywood
    Along with these links to a sound clue and a visual clue
    http://s3.amazonaws.com/publisher_production-s3fs-public-3ed74cb/media/audio/15/a90408446606b0f8534d639a42e26e/unidentified.mp3
    http://dw.dollywood.com/Facebook/uni...identified.jpg

Dollywood 2011- Barnstormer
    Dollywood 2012- Wild Eagle.... "Fly on the edge"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Mystery Mine, and Tennessee Tornado

The sound clip sounds like water. It is probably a water slide.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

Hmmmm, true....Remember back when we heard about a Master Blaster attraction through the hills? Maybe this could be that....but themed to a Superhero? For Dollywood? Hmmmmm (Scratches head)...In the video on Facebook, you see a clip that says "We all need a Superhero........*MYSTERIOUS SUSPENSE BUILDING SOUND PLAYS*....Breaking New Ground"....and then it shows like this messed up TV thing...and then it's over. They said new clues would be released throughout the week.
    Dollywood 2011- Barnstormer
    Dollywood 2012- Wild Eagle.... "Fly on the edge"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Mystery Mine, and Tennessee Tornado

It's probably for a new DSC slide. They haven't added anything in YEARS, so it would make sense. Also, about the super hero thing, about a year ago DSC had a commercial about a kid dressing up like a super hero and going down the slides. Connection?

Also, I just logged onto their FB page and their Profile Picture has changed to include one of the slides...

Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood, given it's the best (only) park within driving distance of me... | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead (Dollywood) | Steel Roller Coaster: Tennessee Tornado (Dollywood).....Mystery Mine (Dollywood (2007))

Quote Originally Posted by CoasterKid_2006 View Post
    It's probably for a new DSC slide. They haven't added anything in YEARS, so it would make sense. Also, about the super hero thing, about a year ago DSC had a commercial about a kid dressing up like a super hero and going down the slides. Connection?

Also, I just logged onto their FB page and their Profile Picture has changed to include one of the slides...
    Good points, I thought the same thing with the super hero commercial a while back and the water sound. I don't want to completely rule out Dollywood just yet though. I wish they would specify Dollywood or Splash Country.

Here is a new photo:
    http://s3.amazonaws.com/publisher_pr...ied.jpg?ref=nf

They are still using the same commerical, promoting Slick Rock Racer.

The major announcement is indeed for a major thrill ride for Splash Country. It will be the largest expansion ever for Splash Country and the first for Tennessee. Dolly will be there Saturday morning for a private media appearance announcing the ride. She'll be at Dollywood on Saturday too for a few private events with her only public appearance being a 3pm parade.
    www.youtube.com/dollywood48
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Mystery Mine

I'm the good looking one Steven's Avatar
    I got to attend the announcement today. It was good.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum

I hope we get to see more of these Pro-Slides being made. They are FUN with a HUGE ass F.
    SpeedZone Staffer
    *2012 Draft 3rd Place!
    Creation List: Indecisive - Timber Wolf: The Hunt - Rewind - Omega - Forbidden Forest Ride - unknown
    Tutorials: Current: B&M Floorless/Sit-Down inverting
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Skyrocket

Found this video on a google search. Not sure if the render in the video is the actual River Rush layout.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0vWQEQpDA0

Editor
    Hey everyone, I was wondering has anybody seen this; this popped up just after they announced RiverRush for DSC...

Thought you guys would be interested in it too:

http://www.dollywood2013.com/

Kinda weird huh? check it out guys and let's see if this thing is true or not! lol

Hey everyone, I was wondering has anybody seen this; this popped up just after they announced RiverRush for DSC...

Thought you guys would be interested in it too:

http://www.dollywood2013.com/

Kinda weird huh? check it out guys and let's see if this thing is true or not! lol
    The post you linked to was dated June 14th this year. The quote relates directly to birds, imo, if you're looking for a connection to DW. It is a known quote from Dolly herself apparently.
    http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/au...ly_parton.html

Some of those are actually pretty darn funny.

I didn't see a tweet on June 14th related to this quote though....
    http://twitter.com/#!/Dollywood

Editor
    I seen the quote on Facebook just after the announcement for DCS... I'm thinking it might just have something to do with DW, I'm just not quite sure how as of yet I just thoughtI would share it to see what everyone else said just think bout the quote "We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails" seems as though she may be giving a small hint or I may just be looking at it the wrong way, but I thought it seemed a little suspicious that's all.

That's just a big dollyism. I don't think it means anything as far as 2013 goes.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood, given it's the best (only) park within driving distance of me... | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead (Dollywood) | Steel Roller Coaster: Tennessee Tornado (Dollywood).....Mystery Mine (Dollywood (2007))

^Agreed. =P
    -Termination complete-

I seen the quote on Facebook just after the announcement for DCS... I'm thinking it might just have something to do with DW, I'm just not quite sure how as of yet I just thoughtI would share it to see what everyone else said just think bout the quote "We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails" seems as though she may be giving a small hint or I may just be looking at it the wrong way, but I thought it seemed a little suspicious that's all.

I think maybe you're just excited for the next big DW attraction, as we all are, and you're reading into it too much.

Yeah, you're reading into it too much. There was a lot of speculation as to what 'the sky is not the limit' meant and after the fact, it really didn't mean anything like what we thought.

That quote sounds like something inspirational and not anything related to Dollywood.
    205 coasters and counting...
    Travel Blog | Twitter | Facebook
    Favorites: Amusement Park: All of them | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator

"The Sky is not the Limit" was written into the theme song for the ride. So it did become a little more relatable in the end.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast