Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dollywood's next attraction!?

Yeah, we won't start seeing clues for 2013 for a little while longer, so there's no need to get all tore up about it now. It's not going to be anything worth being super excited(like new roller coaster excited) for I'm sure. Still hoping for that drop tower though! There still hasn't been any word of where pitfall went, and...well...if you hadn't noticed, they didn't tear down the old timber tower queue building yet even though they removed the ride, soooo...it's possible. But still...we shouldn't get so tore up about it just yet,lol.
    -Termination complete-

Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood

My guess for 2013: general improvements, maybe a used ride where TT was, and possibly a new show.
    Let it shine, let it shine
    On and on, on and on, come to life

David Crowder*Band: Give Us Rest (A Requiem Mass in C [The Happiest of All Keys])
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1-Thunderhead, 2-El Toro, 3-Wild One (SFA) | Steel Roller Coaster: 1-Intimidator 305, 2- Maverick, 3-Goliath (SFOG)

Hats for (Carousel)Horses Racer's Avatar
    Consider yourselves lucky that you guys even get new rides every year. If my math is correct, in the past 8 years, Dollywood has built 18 new rides. Guess how many rides my home park SFOG has built in the past 8 years, 9 with 5 rides removed and one of the most recently added rides currently SBNO and possibly removed by the end of the season. If anyone should get excited over a new ride, it's us.

I'm sure other parks feel the same way, especially the parks that haven't gotten anything new in the past 10 years.
    ThrillNetwork SpeedZone Editor and unofficial DB Editor
    Please stand with your feet flat on the... stand up.. no- why are you sitting??? STAND UP ON THE GEORGIA SCORCHER!!!
    2014 Coaster Draft: Leviathan, Banshee, Alpengeist, Aftershock, GoldStriker, DareDevilDive, GeorgiaScorcher, Tatsu, SheiKra
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath(SFOG)

Better known as Six Flags America. That stand up overly used coaster was like a slap in the face. So yeah Dollywood patrons should be happy to be getting rides this often because most parks do not splurge like this. It will be many years before they get another coaster though. If anything it will be flats here and there and that's it.
    ThrillNetwork Moderator(Originally known as Nitro Luvr)
    2014 Coaster Draft Selection - Shambhala - Katun - Troy - Superman / la Atracción de Acero - Nefeskesen - Mammut - Air - Big Thunder Mountain
    Proud mem**r of the 400 club!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Thunderhead, Mammut, and Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Hyper-Nitro, Giga-Intimidator 305, LIM/LSM- bluefire, Inverted-Katun, Floorless-Kraken, Flying-Manta

When Dolly made that big investment promise about 10 years ago I was in shock, but they've kept their end of the bargain despite bad economic times.

The park has almost doubled their size or it seems that way. And they've only taken out a few rides in the process, the log flume in Country Fair is the one that comes to mind.

They have a ton of land to work with I think, but I'm a big fan of the park. It's like Busch Gardens Williamsburg to me, it's not got the most rides, but it's a great overall park that I never get tired of going back to. All they need is a hyper.
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313

Proud Mem**r of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

Quote Originally Posted by Wes View Post
    All they need is a hyper.
    Yeah, because it is about time the south gets a hyper roller coaster worth talking about.lol
    2014 Coaster Draft Selection - Shambhala - Katun - Troy - Superman / la Atracción de Acero - Nefeskesen - Mammut - Air - Big Thunder Mountain
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Thunderhead, Mammut, and Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Hyper-Nitro, Giga-Intimidator 305, LIM/LSM- bluefire, Inverted-Katun, Floorless-Kraken, Flying-Manta

Editor
    Quote Originally Posted by Coug View Post
    I think maybe you're just excited for the next big DW attraction, as we all are, and you're reading into it too much.
    Really? hmm... I guess I read a little different than most would have.... OR I may know something about the next attraction but of course its to early to REALLY talk about it! OR may be not... I guess will have to wait and see won't we? hmm....
    The Adventure is coming! 2014 Coaster Draft picks
    Kingda Ka, Wild Eagle, ​Bahemath, The Kraken, FireChaser Express, Mavrick, Medusa, ​Full Throttle, Storm Runner,
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: ThunderHead | Steel Roller Coaster: Wild Eagle

What if "We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails." was in reference to a 4D conversion of Wild Eagle? I know it's pretty far fetched and I know there's many who claim that it could not be done it's just simply a thought. I do think it's feasible and most think it couldn't be done because the way Arrow/S&S done it. However as that is their patent it's obvious that B&M wouldn't use the same technology and other means could be easier to retro-fit. Not saying it will happen just that there's more than a 0% chance and maybe it's only a 5% chance but sometimes it rains when the forecast says clear skies. I do think if B&M was to do this it would be implemented more like this.

Quote Originally Posted by CoasterKid_2006 View Post
    "The Sky is not the Limit" was written into the theme song for the ride. So it did become a little more relatable in the end.
    I never quite understood the statement when it was first made honestly. And now that the ride is built it still doesn't make sense.

Editor
    Quote Originally Posted by Coug View Post
    I never quite understood the statement when it was first made honestly. And now that the ride is built it still doesn't make sense.
    The saying "The sky is not the limit" comes from the saying "The skys the limit" basically you can achieve anything and the Sky is not limit. It just means it not impossible to do!
    Kingda Ka, Wild Eagle, ​Bahemath, The Kraken, FireChaser Express, Mavrick, Medusa, ​Full Throttle, Storm Runner,
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: ThunderHead | Steel Roller Coaster: Wild Eagle

Jr. Poster
    I'll say it again....DARK RIDE!!!! The Flooded Mine was a staple of my childhood, and is sorely missed. Of course they gotta go big with it. A haunted theme or disaster theme could both easily fit in with DW's motif. Pyro and water effects would be a must. How about the ghosts of those inmates who perished in the Flooded Mine. They could dwell in the "lower caverns" of MM causing all sorts of mischief, MWUHAHAHAHA!!!! Mystery Mine would have been a better name for a haunted dark ride IMO.

Oh yeah, went to DW nights this past Thursday. Wild Eagle in the dark, under a full moon is amazing. The darkness throws off your depth perception and the moon silhouettes the trees. This totally adds a new dimension to the ride. You must try it if you haven't already.

I was wondering, did they turn off the cameras on WE in the dark? I rode it in the dark back in May and was blinded half the ride because the on ride photo cameras flashed me three different times.

To get back to the topic on hand... agree with the others that the next ride at Dollywood is going to be a replacement of Timber Tower. I would like to see a Top Spin or Flying Disc go there. But for 2013, Dolly is going to add two new shows. Something needs to replace Sha-Kon-O-Hey, I believe that is what the clues are referencing to. Possibly have an Eagle theme to the new show. The other rumor is that this is the last year of DLDI, so that show will need replaced also.
    2014 Coaster Draft : El Toro (SFGA) , Bizarro (SFNE), Boulder Dash (Lake Compounce), Nemesis (Alton Towers), Blue Fire Megacoaster (Europa Park), Black Mamba (Phantasialand), Twister (Grona Lund), Intimidator 305 (Kings Dominion) , Riddler's Revenge (SFMM), Cheetah Hunt (BGTampa)
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kennywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath

So it's almost Mid-August.....Anyone heard any rumors or speculation to an attraction for 2013???? Any land clearing going on or anything in progress or any sign of anything? Just throwing things out there ya know...
    Dollywood 2011- Barnstormer
    Dollywood 2012- Wild Eagle.... "Fly on the edge"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Mystery Mine, and Tennessee Tornado

I'm assuming nothing too major will be happening next year. The only possible new attraction we could see reasonably would be something in place of Timber Tower.
    Let it shine, let it shine
    On and on, on and on, come to life

David Crowder*Band: Give Us Rest (A Requiem Mass in C [The Happiest of All Keys])
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1-Thunderhead, 2-El Toro, 3-Wild One (SFA) | Steel Roller Coaster: 1-Intimidator 305, 2- Maverick, 3-Goliath (SFOG)

Heard a rumor they were designing another dark ride, indoor and scary. Something about zombies dressed in overalls wielding axes and hoes. Rob zombie is rumored to assist in some of the design. There is supposed to be a section of the ride where you're going through a cornfield with high tech lighting and wind effects. One of the zombies is going to be Dolly and it was mentioned that they might use Pete's face as one of the zombies faces as well, but i think someone just added that part in . Sadly though this didn't come from the Dippin Dots guy, instead I heard it from the cousin, of the brother, of the ex wife, of the sister in law, of the best friend of the guy that works at the pork skin kiosk.

Thrill Poster
    So this is my first post. My hometown park. Been going since i was younger than 1. So I went to Dollywood last Sunday. Everything was a walk on except for BLAZING FURY! It was a 30 minute wait? HUH?! I noticed as I was boarding the tram to go home you have that poster that usually tells what is being added next year. Well usually when Splash Country announces what they are building the next year, the poster takes up the whole board. Then when Dollywood announces what they are going to build next year, it becomes a split diagonally and it presents what new is to arrive the upcoming year. They have a picture up now that is already split and has a picture of Wild Eagle and River Run on it for 2013. So it makes me think that actually next year they aren't really going to add anything new as far as rides go. I think that maybe they'll take a year off of adding something new next year. Probably add TT replacement in 2014 and maybe something for Imagination Cinema at the same time. Both movies are kinda outdated. If they don't add a new film for imagination cinema then I wish there was a way they could do Thunder Road and The Dolly Ride at the same time. Maybe like Somehow 1st half of the day one ride second half of the day another. This shouldnt be too costly now that they have just changed the theming in the queue to a more generic based theme. The dream I've always had was I wish they would create a track route for the train that would go to Dolly's splash country it would open that people who have season passes to both parks and just ride back and forth. I know they have the tram that does that. But wouldn't a newly added train route be even better. It'd be longer I suspect. I would keep both train routes, just split one off. Then the capacity of the trains could grow. Because I've noticed the trains are usually at full capacity every time I go to the park! They could run both train engines at the same time! I know they want to keep it orginal and what not but what if they added more to the train ride I wish sometimes the train ride was just a bit longer but at the same time how can you hate on the train ride?? But to do this to the train I imagine that would be super expensive. But hey I can dream right?

Thrill Poster
    So has anyone seen the operating schedule for Dollywood next year? Check it out! The last week of June, Whole month of July, And First week of August. They are going to be open from 10am to 10pm! NOW THAT'S SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO IN 2013! Looking forward for summer 2013 for a lot of night time rides on Thunderhead and Wild Eagle! Here's the link to the 2013 operating schedule so you can see for yourself! http://www.dollywood.com/~/media/Par...-Calendar.ashx

New for 2013:

5 new festival of nations shows, international food court, new country today show in DP's, new dolly wood Christmas carol show, 6 weeks dolly wood nights with new show and fireworks EVERY night, and dolly to be on park lots more next year. 2013 theme - Together You and I

Dolly has pulled out in the Nashville water/snow park.
    www.youtube.com/dollywood48
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Mystery Mine

Quote Originally Posted by ThrillJunkie View Post
    So has anyone seen the operating schedule for Dollywood next year? Check it out! The last week of June, Whole month of July, And First week of August. They are going to be open from 10am to 10pm! NOW THAT'S SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO IN 2013! Looking forward for summer 2013 for a lot of night time rides on Thunderhead and Wild Eagle! Here's the link to the 2013 operating schedule so you can see for yourself! http://www.dollywood.com/~/media/Par...-Calendar.ashx
    Now I have no excuse to miss it again! They must have been successful this year staying open late.

Quote Originally Posted by dollywood48 View Post
    New for 2013:

5 new festival of nations shows, international food court, new country today show in DP's, new dolly wood Christmas carol show, 6 weeks dolly wood nights with new show and fireworks EVERY night, and dolly to be on park lots more next year. 2013 theme - Together You and I

Dolly has pulled out in the Nashville water/snow park.
    What are the sources behind this?

Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood, given it's the best (only) park within driving distance of me... | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead (Dollywood) | Steel Roller Coaster: Tennessee Tornado (Dollywood).....Mystery Mine (Dollywood (2007))

Minetrain Poster RollTideDriver's Avatar
    Personally if that is all that they are adding I'm pretty disappointed. I really think they need to add something to where Timber Towers used to be because the area is just a distraction the way it sits.

Editor
    IT"S THE MOMENT WE"VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR!!! SO WHAT"S NEW FOR DOLLYWOOD 2013? WELL HERE IT IS!!

Hope you Have FUN NEXT YEAR AT DOLLYWOOD! "TOGETHER YOU AND I"

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by CoasterKid_2006 View Post
    What are the sources behind this?
    I'm not allowed to disclose that but you can see the official reveal in the video posted above.
    www.youtube.com/dollywood48
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Mystery Mine

Dollywood is famous for their shows and I see they have really spruced it up for 2013. However, despite all the shows, 2013 is a bit of a disappointment in the rides category. But I expected that after they added Wild Eagle this year. No reason for me to head back there yet with lack of overall changes. But maybe in the next few years, I'll trek back.

Could be worse, they could be adding Dinos Alive!
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313

Proud Mem**r of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

So wait... Dreamland Drive In is STILL going to be there.... Ooookkkkkk.... >_>

Meanwhile, everything else looks great! Can't wait to see the new shows!

Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood, given it's the best (only) park within driving distance of me... | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead (Dollywood) | Steel Roller Coaster: Tennessee Tornado (Dollywood).....Mystery Mine (Dollywood (2007))

Quote Originally Posted by bgwfreak View Post
    Could be worse, they could be adding Dinos Alive!
    lol true! And that would be torture too.

2013 will be the sophomore season of a headlining major coaster project: Wild Eagle. Shows and a water coaster. Couldn't this have just been a news story today instead of a thread?
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

Editor
    Yeah, I was 100% sure if it was news worthy, But I do realize now that it was! I apologize!

I'm the good looking one Brian F's Avatar
    A town called Big Nothing (Really Big Nothing)
    Rumors and wishlists for 2013 are now done. The official announcement is out, so this thread is now pointless. Feel free to discuss the planned expansion here

http://www.thrillnetwork.com/showthread.php?t=92694
    ThrillNetwork Lead Moderator
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force or Magnum- tough call.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123