Thread: Florida Trip...

Florida Trip...

Hey everyone...

I'm headin down to Florida come next month, gonna leave June 24th and stay till the 30th. I'm gonna hit up the Orlando area for the first few days, to check out both of the Universal Parks, and then SeaWorld. Then next couple days following thsat I'm gonna travel west to Tampa, to visit the beach and go to Busch Gardens. I haven't been to Florida in like at least 12 years, probably longer, so I'm not too sure what to expect. I haven't been to any of these parks before either, so I'm hoping ya'll can provide me with some useful tips, and just general things I may want to know. I'm really curious as to how busy they generally are that time of year, and how long of wait times can be expected for their big attractions. Any info would be appreciated.
    My Top Ten
    1. Diamondback 2. Millennium Force 3. El Toro 4. Nitro 5. Maverick
    6. Apollo's Chariot 7. Kinda Ka/Top Thrill Dragster 8. Alpengeist
    9. Raptor 10. Griffin
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Diamondback

I'll be there about 2 weeks before you and we're expecting pretty heavy crowds. That time of the year is peak season. I would use undercovertourist.com's crowd calendar to plan your Universal trips. Unfortunately they don't cover Sea World or BGT.
    205 coasters and counting...
    Travel Blog | Twitter | Facebook
    Favorites: Amusement Park: All of them | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator

You're not going to Disney during any of that time? If not, you are truly missing out on a good time. Yeah it is catered towards a lot of children, but there is a lot of adult things there too. If you gonna go to Orlando, it can't be passed up. And if that is the case, then you will have to cancel Busch Gardens though because the Orlando area takes a week to cover...minimum. However, with the question at hand, like Rick said, this is peak time of the year because all schools across the country are out. Get there as early as possible and head for the popular rides first. Once done with them, you can pace yourself for the rest of the day. Universal has serious people eater rides so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. IOA on the other hand is hit or miss. Hulk is nearly always a walk on. But Spiderman will be a wait. Seaworld is mostly shows but I suggest going to Kraken first. They tend to not run all three trains very often, especially in the morning. Then I would say take on Manta, great flyer. I honestly don't have a lot of experience with Busch Gardens Tampa. Only been there three times over the course of two different trips. My first time there I was about 12 years ago so I don't remember much about it. The next time I went there was around 2009 I believe and it wasn't during peak season. So I was able to marathon most of the rides. You will have a great time overall though.
    ThrillNetwork Moderator(Originally known as Nitro Luvr)
    2014 Coaster Draft Selection - Shambhala - Katun - Troy - Superman / la Atracción de Acero - Nefeskesen - Mammut - Air - Big Thunder Mountain
    Proud mem**r of the 400 club!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Thunderhead, Mammut, and Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Hyper-Nitro, Giga-Intimidator 305, LIM/LSM- bluefire, Inverted-Katun, Floorless-Kraken, Flying-Manta

I'm not interested in going to Disney at this time, maybe some other time, but not now. I'm pretty set on the parks I have already chosen, so I'm not willing to change that lineup at all. But anyway, I was considering Universals fast pass they offer, and was wondering what ya'lls opinions of it were. Is it worth the price? Also, if I don't get it, how long should I expect to be waiting for their major rides?
    My Top Ten
    1. Diamondback 2. Millennium Force 3. El Toro 4. Nitro 5. Maverick
    6. Apollo's Chariot 7. Kinda Ka/Top Thrill Dragster 8. Alpengeist
    9. Raptor 10. Griffin
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Diamondback

I really don't think you will need the fast pass at all. I mean the lines can get long, but not so long that you can't wait it out (~30-45 minutes) and it is only that long for select rides too. Also, are you going by yourself or with people? That makes a HUGE difference because Universal has single rider lines for both their coasters and they are always practically walk on. But otherwise the regular line is also a people eater too. IOA is tolerable and I never seen outrageous lines for many of their rides. I haven't been there while Harry Potter was open though, so I don't know the wait time for it. Spiderman is always a wait. Just can't escape it at all. The drop tower there is hit or miss. Somedays both towers are working, other days just one. If it is just one, grab a Snickers: Not going anywhere for a while! I can't think of a ride on the Universal side that will need fast pass. IOA side, Spiderman and maybe Harry Potter. But I'm guessing with the Harry Potter one.
    ThrillNetwork Moderator(Originally known as Nitro Luvr)
    2014 Coaster Draft Selection - Shambhala - Katun - Troy - Superman / la Atracción de Acero - Nefeskesen - Mammut - Air - Big Thunder Mountain
    Proud mem**r of the 400 club!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Thunderhead, Mammut, and Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Hyper-Nitro, Giga-Intimidator 305, LIM/LSM- bluefire, Inverted-Katun, Floorless-Kraken, Flying-Manta