Thread: My first flight on X-Flight (another interactive trip report from coasterlove)

My first flight on X-Flight (another interactive trip report from coasterlove)

I have to admit, I had trouble sleeping because I was excited to go this morning. I'm on my way to park right now as I write this. I hope to be at the park just before opening so I can get an early ride on X-Flight before the crowd builds. I haven't been this excited to go to Six Flags Great America in a very long time. If anyone has any questions about the park today or anything else, leave a post and I'll try to answer it. My next post should be either while I'm in line for the ride if the line is long or just after I get off with a review of what I thought of the ride. Later today or sometime this weekend, I hope to have pictures and some video also and a more detailed trip report.
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME
    Favorites: Amusement Park: 1. Cedar Point 2. SFGAm 3. Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1. The Voyage 2. Viper 3. The Boss 4. Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: 1. Millennium Force 2. Top Thrill Dragster 3. Maverick 4. Raging Bull 5. Raptor

I'm waiting in line for X-Flight. I could get on right now but I gotta get that front row seat. Estimated time of departure: 15 minutes.
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME
    Favorites: Amusement Park: 1. Cedar Point 2. SFGAm 3. Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1. The Voyage 2. Viper 3. The Boss 4. Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: 1. Millennium Force 2. Top Thrill Dragster 3. Maverick 4. Raging Bull 5. Raptor

Sorry for the delay. After getting off the ride, I was starving and wanted to eat. Then I remembered the dining pass option and went ahead and added that to my season pass which I had to get processed. But who cares about that, right?

The wait for X-Flight wasn't as bad as I feared and it still doesn't look too bad as I sit across from it eating. I do expect the line to get bad during weekends and later in the season when schools let out. As for the ride, it is great. The lift is fast and during my ride, the lift actually picked up speed halfway up and I couldn't help but think of Millennium Force for a second. I was seated in the front row on the far left side. I wanted to sit on the right but it didn't look like they were giving the option as an employee was splitting the line under the station. I may have been able to ask but I wasn't sure which side led to which. When the split comes, if you want the right side, go left and vice versa. The slow turn off the lift was fun and the ride quickly picks up speed.

The elements really do come at one after another. The hanger wall was better than I thought it would be despite being a cutout essentially. The keyhole was great and for a second, I thought of all the times I've watched videos of it. It was outstanding. It's hard to say for sure but it looks like you come within 10 feet of it before turning and when traveling 50+mph, it isn't much. I'll have to get some more rides either today or next week when I go again but I have to give this ride a 9/10. It's a lot of fun but as I expected, I was a little disappointed at the shortness of the ride. I like the longer B&M coasters even if it means having a MCBR. That really would be my one issue with it and what keeps it from being a 10. Still, a great ride and an excellent addition to SFGAM.
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME

I'm the good looking one Steven's Avatar
    What was it like getting your dining pass processed? What do you get to do with it?
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum

Well, I guess someone cared about the dining story afterall

I was looking at one of the pizza places to get some food and noticed they're part of the dining pass selection of restaurants with a meal option. I asked them about it and told me that it can be added to your season pass when you get it processed. You can probably get it added later too, I'm sure. So I got the pass processed and added the dining pass for $59.99. With that, you get two meals, one during lunch times and another during dinner times. The times might vary based on operating hours. The lunch time was 11:30am-3:30pm and the dinner started at 4:30, I think until 6pm because that was their closing time today. Don't know what the hours will be other days. The first meal I got was pizza and fries and the second was a chicken wrap with cole slaw and some fruit. Most of the meals would've cost $9 or $10 each. So in a day, it would come out to $18-20. So it would take four park visits to make it worth it as three visits and at best, you're breaking even if not behind.

I'd say it's a very good deal if you go often and don't mind or enjoy eating some of the park food.
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME