Thread: Article: Verbolten at Busch Gardens Williamsburg ready for the public

Article: Verbolten at Busch Gardens Williamsburg ready for the public

205 coasters and counting...
    Travel Blog | Twitter | Facebook
    Favorites: Amusement Park: All of them | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator

Wes, you got to check out that orange Beetle in the queue.

The indoor lighting looks way better than what Skull Mountain at SFGADV had its first few years but we're talking about 1996 vs. 2012.

I have to expect the standards for lighting have to high with Darkastle being in the same section of the park.

Wow, that drop looked intense!

It's appropriate you got the wolf indoor setting. Let's tip our glass again to the memory of the Big Bad Wolf. Good luck to Verbolten with its run.
    Last edited by Leo C; 05-17-2012 at 10:22 PM.

I'm not sure if I understand what "You come to a sudden stop in the Black Forest. After a long pause, you plummet in a free-fall drop, the first of its kind in the United States on a roller coaster." means. It was hard to tell in the video too since it's dark but is train and the track underneath is actually dropping? Does the track disengage from the rest of it?

Yes, similar to 13 at AT, the track is disengaged and free falls down into place with the track leading to the rest of the layout in front of it.

I was lucky enough to ride during soft opening days. It's awesome.

DisGardeVersal described it well. When I'm able, I'll go back and edit the story to make that part more clear. Essentially it's an elevator-style free fall with the train and track.

Leo, actually the video footage shows pieces of all three themes. The audio was of the wolf since that was my theme during this shoot.
    205 coasters and counting...
    Travel Blog | Twitter | Facebook
    Favorites: Amusement Park: All of them | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator

I wonder how many years Verbolten was in development as I thought about this car theme competing with Disney's Rock n Roller Coaster in FL and BGW's nearest competitor: Kings Dominion. There's way more going on indoors on Verbolten than the general dual S turn skirts in basically the dark on the Backlot Stunt Coaster.

I didn't feel a crushing need to go get the Backlot Stunt Coaster when it came out. It's a small ride. I think I have the same opinion caring over on Verbolten.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender