Thread: Goliath Media Day at Six Flags New England PTR

Ultra Poster

Goliath Media Day at Six Flags New England PTR

I was invited through ACE to attend the Media day for SFNE's newest coaster Goliath. Goliath is a Vekoma Giant Inverted Boomerang which the chain relocated from their Magic Mountain park. The ride replaced the parks Shipwreck Falls shoot-the-Chute attraction.

I was able to arrive later in the day after getting prior permission. I was not going to be able to make the 4:30 call time. I instead left home at 5:00 and arrived at the park slightly after 7:30. I walked to Crackaxle via the restroom path next to Main Street and picked a spot to camp out for the day.

Food
    Dippn Dots X 3
    Kettle Corn X3 (brought some home)
    Drinks X5 (Ice tea, coke, Mr. Pib)

Lunch was at the Riverside, They split the group between the riverside and the new JBs Smokehouse but all the food was that featured at eh smokehouse. I made beef brisket sandwiches and had a side of pork brisket. There was also Cole Slaw, Some sort of backed Corn chowder and cake but I did not eat any of that.

Opening ceremonies
    The park introduced the mayor of Crackaxle Canyon who welcomed us all and introduced Goliath. He then invited the head of Tourism for the region who did a quick speech. Nothing special pretty much the same speech heard every media day, new is good. The park president spoke for a few minutes and the coasters stats were given.

A small shows was then put on with 2 performers that came out shooting and surprised at the new ride. They stated that it was not there went hey went into the new JB's Smokehouse and that they were there for 2 weeks drinking sarsaparilla (Root Beer). The mayor told them that this was the newest addition to the town and that it's for all to enjoy but first we invite all our David's to come forth and tame Goliath. They launched the inaugural ride with Confetti cannons and music and the ride was officially opened.

Read my full report and more photos:
    photos.newwhalom.com/Six_Flags/Goliath_Media_Day
    Michael C
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Canobie Lake Park Salom NH | Wooden Roller Coaster: Yankie Canonball Canobie lake park Salom NH | Steel Roller Coaster: Ming Bender SFOG

Nice report and pics, thanks for sharing!
    Thrillnetwork Database Lead Editor (formerly coasterb)

Don't forget to log your rides in the database!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ravine Flyer II | Steel Roller Coaster: Diamondback

Ultra Poster
    Thanks for responding. it's always good to know my work is well received.

The event was a lot of fun and The landscaping is a pleasant side affect of the ride changeover.
    Michael C
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Canobie Lake Park Salom NH | Wooden Roller Coaster: Yankie Canonball Canobie lake park Salom NH | Steel Roller Coaster: Ming Bender SFOG

Great report and pics, Michael! Thank you for sharing.
    205 coasters and counting...
    Travel Blog | Twitter | Facebook
    Favorites: Amusement Park: All of them | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator

Ultra Poster
    Glad you enjoyed it

on a side took a few extra pics on my phone and will be uploading them to photo bucket. I will post those and hopefully a video or 2 soon.
    Michael C