Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Article: A winged prayer coming to Cedar Point

That would be a very quick MCBR. A 170 ft drop, then probably another element at 130. I would think the MCBR would have to be at 110 ft. to pull off the inline twist and dive like on X-Flight.

I saw a kid at SFGADV wear a shirt with the name "Numerator" surrounded by an explosion. It sounds like a name Cedar Fair would use. This ride will probably be some version of a "-hawk."
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

The inverting drop could always be first and then the straight drop after the MCBR. It could help to conserve space by sending back towards itself after the first drop. I think that's a big reason SFGAM had their's built that way. If Cedar Point wanted to build a good size wing rider but have it fit in the space they have, that could be a good way to do it.
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME
    Favorites: Amusement Park: 1. Cedar Point 2. SFGAm 3. Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1. The Voyage 2. Viper 3. The Boss 4. Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: 1. Millennium Force 2. Top Thrill Dragster 3. Maverick 4. Raging Bull 5. Raptor

A straight drop off a MCBR is better than an entry into a downward helix. On the Time Machine you can see the descent kicks the train into a bank.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

Quote Originally Posted by Leo C View Post
    This ride will probably be some version of a "-hawk."
    Day Hawk is available.

Day Hawk come and we want to go home.
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313

Proud Mem**r of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12