Thread: Dreams Defying Gravity - A Doc. Short About Theme Parks

Hybrid View

Dreams Defying Gravity - A Doc. Short About Theme Parks

Hello,

It has been awhile since I've been here on TN, but I have recently joined a film class to make a documentary short and I have decided to make a
    film that shows everyday people the beauty that we see in theme parks. The film will largely be centered around footage I capture at my home
    park Lagoon (in Utah, US), however, I would really like to conclude with several short video messages from members of the theme park community
    around the world to grasp just how large our community really is.

Would anyone here be able to film themselves at a theme park or elsewhere telling us why you love theme parks?

The free film class I am taking is called Spy Hop Productions, a non-profit organization, and we thus seek no profit from this film. We still need to
    guarantee our rights to whatever footage we use in our films, and so I would need to be sure we have the rights to the few seconds of footage we
    hope to use of your response in only this film I am producing.

Please let me know if you're interested. It would be hard trying to get the voice of the theme park community without the voices of some of its greatest members!
    2011 Parks To Visit:
    Lagoon Amusement Park: Season Pass Holder | Six Flags Discovery Kingdom: Late July/Early August | California's Great America: Late July/Early August | Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk: Late July/Early August
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Disneyland Park | Wooden Roller Coaster: Terminator Salvation: The Ride (SFMM) | Steel Roller Coaster: X2 (Six Flags Magic Mountain

Welcome back markham!

The project sounds interesting, unfortunately I don't have a decent video camera, and I'm not the outgoing type that some of the others one here are. Please let us know when and where we might be able to find your finished product!
    Thrillnetwork Database Lead Editor (formerly coasterb)

Don't forget to log your rides in the database!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ravine Flyer II | Steel Roller Coaster: Diamondback

Thanks for the reply Brian. My film is coming along great as a begin to edit together all the footage I have attained. There is a chance I will have two short interviews from Robert Niles of Theme Par Insider and Arthur Levine of About.com, but if I don't get those soon enough, I think I will still have a strong film that really truly focuses on the enthusiasts. Unfortunately the film is not released for 1 year to give it a chance to be accepted into film festivals, however, I will make sure you guys see it the first opportunity I get!

But if anyone is or could be near Salt Lake City, Utah on July 9th (which I doubt though I'll post it for good measure), the film will premiere at our Main Library in Downtown Salt Lake.
    2011 Parks To Visit:
    Lagoon Amusement Park: Season Pass Holder | Six Flags Discovery Kingdom: Late July/Early August | California's Great America: Late July/Early August | Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk: Late July/Early August
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Disneyland Park | Wooden Roller Coaster: Terminator Salvation: The Ride (SFMM) | Steel Roller Coaster: X2 (Six Flags Magic Mountain