Thread: Chance Zipper: Love it? Hate it? What's your opinion?

Chance Zipper: Love it? Hate it? What's your opinion?

I just rode the zipper at a local carnival a few days ago, and it was AMAZING!! The ride had EVERYTHING you'd want... REALLY high g-forces, floater air, ejector air...EVERYTHING! I personally thought it was awesome, but some people think it sucks. So, what are your thoughts?
    B&M...
    Just another word for EPIC!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: CW (Canada's Wonderland) | Wooden Roller Coaster: Mighty Canadian Minebuster (Canada's Wonderland) | Steel Roller Coaster: Tie: Skyrider (Canada's Wonderland) Mindbender (West Edmonton Mall's Galaxyland)

Zippers are my favorite flat, especially if the weight is just right. I went on one once where we never stopped flipping until the op stopped us to unload. I've always wanted to see an updated version of one, take the same concept but slightly wider and replace the cages with similar seats and restraints to that of a B&M wing coaster.

If it was a slow day at the Canfield Fair my friend and I would SPAM it to all oblivion. We actually got sent through several cycles once because there was no line and we were the only ones basically riding it. AMAZEBALLS!
    SpeedZone Staffer
    *2012 Draft 3rd Place!
    Creation List: Indecisive - Timber Wolf: The Hunt - Rewind - Omega - Forbidden Forest Ride - unknown
    Tutorials: Current: B&M Floorless/Sit-Down inverting
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Skyrocket

I love the Zipper. The cage is as tight as standing in a battleship. I don't think it's made for people above 6 feet tall. There are some awesome positive and negative gs when the car reaches the end of the boom and gets thrown over. It's like going through a good car crash. i just rode another tonight. I was lucky to find another single rider to ride. That classic ride is the measuring stick to whether I take interest to a carnival or not.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

^I couldn't agree more Leo, though I will accept a Rock-O-Plane or SkyDiver (which never happens anymore) as a somewhat acceptable substitute. Luckily one of the fairs near here always has a zipper and a rock-o-plane so that's pretty sweet.

The Zipper is my single favorite carnival ride. It's simply amazing in every way.
    I've been real all my life, they confuse it with conceit
    Since I will not lose, they try to help him cheat
    But I will not lose, for even in defeat
    There's a valuable lesson learned, so it evens it up for me
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Universal Studios Hollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Nitro

Agreed. I was devastated when our county fair stopped bringing one in. I've been wanting to see an updated version for years. Too many flat rides, while giving unique and thrilling experiences, feel too mechanized and tamed. Not the Zipper. It feels completely out of control and every single cycle is unpredictable. Also agree with the Sky Diver. My brother and I had a riot spinning the car wildly as it crested the top of the wheel and nosedived towards earth. Being able to control it adds so much more to the ride.

I probably went four or five years without seeing the Zipper until last year.
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

Canfield Fair has one EVERY YEAR!

Too bad I'm too big of a lard to ride it as the weight limit is set to 175 per person
    SpeedZone Staffer
    *2012 Draft 3rd Place!
    Creation List: Indecisive - Timber Wolf: The Hunt - Rewind - Omega - Forbidden Forest Ride - unknown
    Tutorials: Current: B&M Floorless/Sit-Down inverting
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Skyrocket

And being they don't allow single riders you're screwed? The one I was on I had to partner up. I'm at least 210.

I've not encountered one with a weight limit. The single rider issue has been a problem for me, as even my coaster riding friends don't enjoy the zipper. I usually look for another single person looking at the ride, or a group of three in line, or ask the ride op if they have anyone to ride with. Sometimes they have a friend from a food or game booth that will take their break to ride. Or if there are two ride ops, one will jump in the last car with me. It only takes one to operate it, while it loads/unloads more efficiently with two ops.
    Thrillnetwork Database Lead Editor (formerly coasterb)

Don't forget to log your rides in the database!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ravine Flyer II | Steel Roller Coaster: Diamondback

I really don't like the zipper much.