Thread: The Storm - Mack - Etnaland, IT

The Storm - Mack - Etnaland, IT

The next big Mack after Blue Fire is coming to Etnaland in Italy. It's called The Storm. This time it doesn't have a launch but a lift hill. It has a few big hills then after a couple helixes bunnyhop hills to the end of the layout. I think this is Mack's answer to the Intamin's hyper-lite layouts. If Intamin will get competition that's great as we pick on the flaws on Intamins. Blue Fire and little Manta at Seaworld San Diego is giving us hope in the US for bigger Macks to come.

http://www.parksmania.it/2012/06/11/...-di-the-storm/

I think the layout has a corkscrew.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

Dont forget the barrel roll RIGHT BEFORE the brake run dude. Random inversion is random.

I saw a pic of that. It seems Intamin like the location.
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

Pictures have surfaced showing that this little beast is testing.

Apparently the name on the train is T Storm, and they look effin wicked. Dark Purple chasice with a lighter purple seat with some light blue lightning effects.

Will post pics when I get home.

I wonder why companies don't use LED's on trains now at all. I remember how cool the light effects were on Italian Job (when they worked), but I think LED's would be a lot more reliable since they use a lot less energy.

Anyway, this coaster looks cool, I hope they start building bigger coasters more in the US now.
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313

Proud Mem**r of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

I'm starting to think that Mack must really love the color blue. The majority of their bigger rides are all blue. But it is nice to see them actively involved in more coasters. This is a great company that makes some smooth rides. blue fire is truly underrated. One of the best rides in all of Europe. I have no doubt that this new ride will be wonderful too.
    ThrillNetwork Moderator(Originally known as Nitro Luvr)
    2014 Coaster Draft Selection - Shambhala - Katun - Troy - Superman / la Atracción de Acero - Nefeskesen - Mammut - Air - Big Thunder Mountain
    Proud mem**r of the 400 club!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Thunderhead, Mammut, and Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Hyper-Nitro, Giga-Intimidator 305, LIM/LSM- bluefire, Inverted-Katun, Floorless-Kraken, Flying-Manta

With the failed SFNE Dark Knight I realized the support pieces were blue as well

^^They are trying to counter all the red Cedar Fair coasters.

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

Quote Originally Posted by Antoine View Post
    I'm starting to think that Mack must really love the color blue. The majority of their bigger rides are all blue. But it is nice to see them actively involved in more coasters. This is a great company that makes some smooth rides. blue fire is truly underrated. One of the best rides in all of Europe. I have no doubt that this new ride will be wonderful too.
    I believe the track color is parks choice to be honest. Still, VERY odd that all major Mack rides are blue of some tint.

It's an onride of Stormrush, I mean The Storm.

I would want these Macks so I could compare them to Intamin. I want to see if they deliver a more refined ride.

This is the check that I will write: I think Mack would bury Intamin if they ever went mainstream with their coasters! They have perfected the LIM/LSM design as well as the restraint system. These are two key elements that Intamin lacks at. No more too tall or too big to ride. Mack pretty much fits all. Their transitions are incredibly smooth while some of Intamins rides have rough transitions. Mack would probably slowly build up to the hyper and giga heights, so Intamin commands that area. However, as soon as they tap into it, it is a wrap. Yup, I said it.
    2014 Coaster Draft Selection - Shambhala - Katun - Troy - Superman / la Atracción de Acero - Nefeskesen - Mammut - Air - Big Thunder Mountain
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Thunderhead, Mammut, and Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Hyper-Nitro, Giga-Intimidator 305, LIM/LSM- bluefire, Inverted-Katun, Floorless-Kraken, Flying-Manta

The vid even has a below seat camera view. Notice: flat floor on the train. Intamin still needs to learn that.

Mack needs installations. I want to see what Mack vs. Intamin could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Antoine View Post
    This is the check that I will write: I think Mack would bury Intamin if they ever went mainstream with their coasters! They have perfected the LIM/LSM design as well as the restraint system. These are two key elements that Intamin lacks at. No more too tall or too big to ride. Mack pretty much fits all. Their transitions are incredibly smooth while some of Intamins rides have rough transitions. Mack would probably slowly build up to the hyper and giga heights, so Intamin commands that area. However, as soon as they tap into it, it is a wrap. Yup, I said it.
    I agree *gasps* I think they could really be a problem for Intamin in the near future.

Whoa, Wes agrees with me? It is going to be a cold one down below today! lol But I think Mack truly is underrated, but part of it is their fault though. They were stuck on the wild mouse kick for a long time and then finally upped the ante when they built blue fire, a truly superb coaster. It will take them a while to catch up to Intamin, but that's what we said about B&M when they came onto the scene trying to challenge Arrow. We know who the winner was in that competition too.

I hate to say it, but I was expecting more.

I think it's only a 105 feet so I'm keeping the thoughts relative.

I'm curious about its reviews. It looks like a mega-lite.

You will be waiting for a while for those lol. The park is still finishing up the rides for the theme park side, but their water park (yes, this is a water park building an amusement park side) should be opening shortly.

The only peiple to have ridden this are the park employee shortlist involved with this ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    I hate to say it, but I was expecting more.
    After looking at the video again AND keeping in mind that it's a wa-wa park doing a coaster AND considering it's a MACK, I guess it's not too bad. Actually, I wouldn't mind this is my back yard (if I had the room).

Let's organize a Mediterranean Cruise with a stop at Etnaland! Who wants to go?

For a small park in glorious Italia, I agree it's a good pick. It looks like the train still has decent speed towards the end going into the roll. The bottom of the chain lift at the top of the lift looks interesting. It's just 2,600 feet.

The other ride in the park is interesing: Eldorado. It's by S&S Worldwide. It's a family coaster it appears. http://rcdb.com/10682.htm
    Last edited by Leo C; 04-05-2013 at 02:09 PM.