Thread: Article: Kentucky Kingdom reopening still a possibility

Article: Kentucky Kingdom reopening still a possibility

205 coasters and counting...
    Travel Blog | Twitter | Facebook
    Favorites: Amusement Park: All of them | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator

Is the State Board like dealing with Foghorn Leghorn?

I would think the top priority for the State Fairboard would be a successful fair. Wonder how many other state fairboards have been faced with this difficult of a problem?

I'm the good looking one Brian F's Avatar
    A town called Big Nothing (Really Big Nothing)
    I hope it happens. I really do.

History tends to repeat itself. So with that being said, my gut is telling me that the fair board is gonna screw up again, and Kentucky Kingdom will remain abandoned. I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see anything working out.

^I have the same concern. It sounds to me that they need a new state fair board.
    205 coasters and counting...
    Travel Blog | Twitter | Facebook
    Favorites: Amusement Park: All of them | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator

If they're going to make any progress I still hold hope for two Zamperla rent a coasters.

Well the state fairboard has had great fairs the last few years but it really hurts the state without the park. We're facing a $760 billion shortfall in the budget this year alone. Getting the park back open partially, as in the year one plan that the Koch's would have done (the water park and some rides) would have added $50 million to the state through taxes, the lease and other things like that. But a fully re-opened park with increasing attendance each year could get up to $100 million or higher. Of course it doesn't help the budget alot but it would reduce the shortfall and help save some departments, like education, from having budget cuts each year.
    My God is not dead, He's surely alive. He's living on the inside, roaring like a lion
    Thrillnetwork Moderator, formerly Tigeraceray

Just keep your eyes on Christ - Lecrae
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Diamondback