Thread: SFStL '13 Boomerang

SFStL '13 Boomerang

On Screamscape I read a person who visited SFSTL took a survey for the park and was asked if they would like an Vekoma Invertigo as one of the potential future attractions for the park. The chain had one Invertigo: Two Face at SFA. I thought Screamscape reported the coaster as being sold a few years ago and thus removed. I thought it was shipped out of country. Does Six Flags instead still have it in storage? I don't think they would purchase a new one. I also don't think they're referring to a GIB either. Deja Vu just moved to SFNE as Goliath. Cedar Fair had just moved the Invertigo from a former Paramount park to Dorney Park.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

They might get SFOT's boomerang Flashback that's coming out. I guess it'll be like a Carolina Cobra install at Carowinds.
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

The SFSTL Boomerang is rumored to go on the old bumper cars site not the Tidal Wave site. If I recall the old splash boat ride was up the hill next to the Superman freefall tower?

Mods: Can this be updated to "SFStL '13 Boomerang"? Thank you.
    Last edited by Leo C; 09-07-2012 at 01:04 PM.

Screamscape said the site was confirmed for Boomerang: The bumper cars site.

MidwestInfoGuide Chief Editor
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo C View Post
    The SFSTL Boomerang is rumored to go on the old bumper cars site not the Tidal Wave site. If I recall the old splash boat ride was up the hill next to the Superman freefall tower?

Mods: Can this be updated to "SFStL '13 Boomerang"? Thank you.

No, the bumper cars were up the hill from Tidal Wave on the way up to Superman:Tower of Power and Screamin' Eagle.
    Tidal Wave is across the street from SkyScreamer at the bottom of that hill.
    | DHOLLON "SWOOSH" | ~ http://www.MIDWESTINFOGUIDE.com ~ | 585 COASTERS | MIZZOU-RAH! |
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Silver Dollar City | Wooden Roller Coaster: PROWLER™ | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force™

Flashback train is reported to be in the SFOT boneyard. Will the SFSTL Boomerang installation get a new train?

The boomerang track pieces are painted green and still in Texas at the moment.

Can someone please organize a violent mob to stop the erection of this coaster?
    -Tom Crymes
    Find out about my upcoming coaster book athttp://www.facebook.com/AmericanCoasters
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure, Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro (Used to be Beast before they broke it) | Steel Roller Coaster: Bizzaro at SFNE

Hahahaha yeah. Batman: The Ride is still the headliner coaster of the park steel wise. Seems just like California's Great America's situation with Flight Deck. They're down in a B-level, mediocre park status.

I was there once back in 2005 and I didn't care for the park then. They've only added just one legitimate coaster since then. And now they are going to put a gun to my head and make me ride a boomerang when I go back this year. Curse them.
    -Tom Crymes
    Find out about my upcoming coaster book athttp://www.facebook.com/AmericanCoasters
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure, Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro (Used to be Beast before they broke it) | Steel Roller Coaster: Bizzaro at SFNE

Rofl. Who knows, this MAY get the newer styled trains found at Hershey on Sidewinder (which are effing FABULOUS and delicious feeling in several manners for those that haven't experience the near sex-gasmic experience non head-banging they induce)
    SpeedZone Staffer
    *2012 Draft 3rd Place!
    Creation List: Indecisive - Timber Wolf: The Hunt - Rewind - Omega - Forbidden Forest Ride - unknown
    Tutorials: Current: B&M Floorless/Sit-Down inverting
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Skyrocket

Interesting site preparation for the top of a hill: with dynamite.

The track installation is almost done. There is a banner that says "Coaster Capital of Missouri."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	556689_10151263074206916_1471448221_n.jpg 
Views:	597 
Size:	190.9 KB 
ID:	20911

From the middle of last month. From the park's facebook page.
    Last edited by Leo C; 04-02-2013 at 01:10 AM.

Reading another site it seems like the boomerang's lift hill supports were actually modified and shortened! I knew the park had to blow through some rock. So they cut some of the lift hill supports to a shorter height to fit the hill. I guess this truly is the last stop for this boomerang. It will probably join the rest of the metal that became scrap later. There are so many boomerang clones out there. This one that at one time was the Flashback at SFOT is truly different this time.

This boomerang sits right next to Screaming Eagle. It reminds me of the Cyclone and Flashback pairing at SFNE.