Thread: Article: Jets, Giants want American Dream Meadowlands project stopped

Article: Jets, Giants want American Dream Meadowlands project stopped

My God is not dead, He's surely alive. He's living on the inside, roaring like a lion
    Thrillnetwork Moderator, formerly Tigeraceray

Just keep your eyes on Christ - Lecrae
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Diamondback

The big ugly mall with the indoor ski slope is already there. So what if they want to add another third to the mall. That would be the bow tie this new developer could bring. The Palisades Mall near the Tappan Zee Bridge in NY is a big 4 story tease because it has an indoor ferris wheel and carousel but not a full amusement park. I would like an East Coast version of the Mall of the America with the amusement park. The old Izod Center,former home of the Devils and Nets, is still there next to the mall. The Meadowlands horse track is on the other side of Met Life Stadium. The goal was to have this incomplete giant mall complete for the 2014 Super Bowl in New Jersey.

I wish these teams never got the new stadium and moved back to New York. These teams financed it themselves though.

I was at the Meadowlands Fair last week. It was the first time I ever stopped at the whole complex. This is basically the panorama of the scene at the Meadowlands. First pic would be the horse track, then Met Life Stadium. The mall formerly known as Xanadu, covered in checkers, is this American Dreams site all the way to the right. That covered ramp is the indoor ski slope.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P6221311.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	20432 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P6221312.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	20433 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P6221317.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	20435 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P6221314.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	20434

The ugly giant mall which hasn't opened yet would be repainted after it's expanded.
    Last edited by Leo C; 06-27-2012 at 02:02 AM.

These teams can shut up until they decide to represent the state they play in. I don't care about their opinion on a project that started forever ago and has been delayed for a long time. "New York" teams can stay out of the way of New Jersey business.

The lawsuits are going back and forth. Both of those teams are in my state and I'm not a fan of them. I'm not happy this mall will not be ready for the North Jersey Super Bowl next year. We know what Triple Five has at the West Edmonton Mall and Mall of America. I want to go to those malls to get Mindbender at Galaxyland and the Nickelodeon park at Mall of America. I would love to have a Triple Five Mall in the same capacity in New Jersey if the old mall project is already 75% done.

http://www.equipmentworld.com/new-je...d-water-parks/