Thread: Summer Severe Storm - check in and comments

Summer Severe Storm - check in and comments

Hope everyone made it thru these crazy storms ok. I'm good with no damage to the apartment, although there is water damage at work and trees and large branches down all over the place. I had some friends over in the evening and we played board games by candlelight.

Storm came through at 3:45ish and the library closes at 4:30, which is when the storm finally let up. National Weather Service reported winds between 70-80 mph in my area. As of last night, over 600,000 Ohio AEP customers were without power, just under 50% of their total customers in Ohio. AEP reports that this storm provided similar damage to when Hurricane Ike in 2008, and they expect to be restoring power for a full week. One funnel cloud was reported to my northwest near Delphos and Van Wert. I've not heard if it touched down or caused damage itself.

Tell us how you weathered the storm and what kind of damage you have.
    Thrillnetwork Database Lead Editor (formerly coasterb)

Don't forget to log your rides in the database!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ravine Flyer II | Steel Roller Coaster: Diamondback

I dont think we'll ever get a severe storm here in Louisville. Dang heat is brutal though.

Glad you were okay though!
    My God is not dead, He's surely alive. He's living on the inside, roaring like a lion
    Thrillnetwork Moderator, formerly Tigeraceray

Just keep your eyes on Christ - Lecrae
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Diamondback

Apparently Fort Wayne got hit pretty hard. Fortunately, my appartment complex reports no damage to the buildings, and still has power. I've been at my parents' house on the opposite side of IN for the summer, so I missed the bad storms. Just a little rumble and some strong wind here.
    ThrillNetwork Database Editor

"I won't stop riding roller coasters when I get old. I'll get old when I stop riding roller coasters" -Unknown
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World / Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

We took a massive hit last night. I was bowling in my league when the power went out; I ran to the window and watched the roof of the building across the street blow off lol.
    Let it shine, let it shine
    On and on, on and on, come to life

David Crowder*Band: Give Us Rest (A Requiem Mass in C [The Happiest of All Keys])
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1-Thunderhead, 2-El Toro, 3-Wild One (SFA) | Steel Roller Coaster: 1-Intimidator 305, 2- Maverick, 3-Goliath (SFOG)

We had a decent storm the other night. Scared the crap out of me at first. The first thunder sounded like a nuke went off.
    My God is not dead, He's surely alive. He's living on the inside, roaring like a lion
    Thrillnetwork Moderator, formerly Tigeraceray

Just keep your eyes on Christ - Lecrae
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Diamondback