Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Six Flags 2013

Hats for (Carousel)Horses Racer's Avatar

Six Flags 2013

If anyone has been to Six Flags' Facebook page, they would see polls they posted about names and colors for a new coaster in 2013.

https://www.facebook.com/sixflags

Now, I wonder which park(s) would be getting a new coaster.
    ThrillNetwork SpeedZone Editor and unofficial DB Editor
    Please stand with your feet flat on the... stand up.. no- why are you sitting??? STAND UP ON THE GEORGIA SCORCHER!!!
    2014 Coaster Draft: Leviathan, Banshee, Alpengeist, Aftershock, GoldStriker, DareDevilDive, GeorgiaScorcher, Tatsu, SheiKra
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath(SFOG)

What? No Superman? No Goliath?

I'm not much of a betting man, but if I HAD to place a bet, my money is on Six Flags St. Louis or possibly Fiesta Texas. Those are the only two parks that haven't added/modified something significantly in the last few years. Although SFA is STILL due for something new, I wrote them off back when Maryland became a state....
    ThrillNetwork Moderator(Originally known as Nitro Luvr)
    2014 Coaster Draft Selection - Shambhala - Katun - Troy - Superman / la Atracción de Acero - Nefeskesen - Mammut - Air - Big Thunder Mountain
    Proud mem**r of the 400 club!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Thunderhead, Mammut, and Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Hyper-Nitro, Giga-Intimidator 305, LIM/LSM- bluefire, Inverted-Katun, Floorless-Kraken, Flying-Manta

Screamscape says possibly a sky screamer for SFOG. I don't think so, Especially with a 200 foot height limit due to a nearby airport.
    Please stand with your feet flat on the... stand up.. no- why are you sitting??? STAND UP ON THE GEORGIA SCORCHER!!!
    2014 Coaster Draft: Leviathan, Banshee, Alpengeist, Aftershock, GoldStriker, DareDevilDive, GeorgiaScorcher, Tatsu, SheiKra
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath(SFOG)

And that is something I never understood about SFOG either. The airport is nearly 30 miles away. The city of Atlanta has skyscrapers all over the place and much closer to the airport than SFOG. So I never understood why they have a 200 foot limit while the city can build higher and higher? Not to mention that an airplane on final approach is not 200 feet (or even close to it) off the ground 30 miles out.
    2014 Coaster Draft Selection - Shambhala - Katun - Troy - Superman / la Atracción de Acero - Nefeskesen - Mammut - Air - Big Thunder Mountain
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Thunderhead, Mammut, and Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Hyper-Nitro, Giga-Intimidator 305, LIM/LSM- bluefire, Inverted-Katun, Floorless-Kraken, Flying-Manta

Learn from SFDK. SFOG will probably get the 150 ft model SFDK and I believe La Ronde has.

The SFNE one I'm interested in. Could it go in the old Thomas Town in front of the park?
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

I'm surprised that more parks haven't gotten the Mega Lites. They don't cost as much, easier to fit in and look just as much fun as the 200+ ones.

Anyway, I'm guessing St Louis or Fiesta. Fiesta makes sense with Rattler on the way out.
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313

Proud Member of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

Looking up the Mega Lites the two are below 3,000ft in track as well.
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

Quote Originally Posted by Antoine View Post
    And that is something I never understood about SFOG either. The airport is nearly 30 miles away. The city of Atlanta has skyscrapers all over the place and much closer to the airport than SFOG. So I never understood why they have a 200 foot limit while the city can build higher and higher? Not to mention that an airplane on final approach is not 200 feet (or even close to it) off the ground 30 miles out.
    We're not talking about Hartsfield-Jackson here; Fulton County airport is about a mile away.

Yeah I didn't even think of that place because it is such a small airport. Kinda sucks that they are restricted because of that place. Especially considering they deal with a lot of single engine airplanes. Lot of takeoffs and landings in a given day, but not a lot of passengers itself. Safe to say that SFOG has more customers in a given year than this airport. But no getting around that restriction unless the airport either closes or move, neither of which I see happening anytime soon.

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.s..._wants_to.html

SFNE proposed Star Flyer with a Victorian theme with a clock at the top. I saw a pic of the plan illustration.

They proposed 385 feet! They have to get approvals for above 200 ft in Agawam. This would top the proposed Star Flyer at the Steel Pier in NJ I believe.

The swing is proposed to go in place of the skycoaster next to Catapult and Blizzard River on the northern end of the park beyond Cyclone.
    Last edited by Leo C; 07-24-2012 at 12:11 AM.

So I dont know if this will happen but does anyone see anymore zacspins like Green Lantern:First Flight at Magic Mountain coming to more Six FLags parks? I'd love to see one at SFOG.

^No. Dare Devil Dive has enough issues with capacity. We don't need another one.

Well what ideas could we possibly see at SFOG? I know a skyscreamer seems to be the ride thats coming but I'd also want to see another flat added to the park because thats really what six flags is lagging maybe a Huss Frisbee?

Yeah, the LAST thing that SFOG needs to add to their park is a Zacspin. It is bad enough that they don't have a single high capacity roller coaster in the park. No need to add to that.

We REALLY need some non-coaster thrill rides. The only one we have is Acrophobia. I can hardly call the water rides thrilling. In my opinion Splash Water Falls needs to be removed. I've seen it broken down so many times, the capacity isn't great, and with the splash deflectors on the front it's not even a worthwhile ride. That would open up the valley and give a nice footprint for a large flat ride. A frisbee would be great but maybe something else. Another location would be where the Axis Arena is in Gotham. They could maybe squeeze a coaster in there...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	396915_10150958934141356_133952474_n.jpg 
Views:	1133 
Size:	81.9 KB 
ID:	20600
    SFGAM posted this on their facebook page. August 30th announcement date.

Son of Demon? hehehehe

Probably a Star Flyer swing tower.

MidwestInfoGuide Chief Editor
    ^It won't be a star flyer because they haven't gone to the local board to ask for clearance - unless it is going to be a short one and placed where Condor is located.
    | DHOLLON "SWOOSH" | ~ http://www.MIDWESTINFOGUIDE.com ~ | 585 COASTERS | MIZZOU-RAH! |
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Silver Dollar City | Wooden Roller Coaster: PROWLER™ | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force™

They went as small as 150 ft at SFDK and La Ronde so I wouldn't be surprised if another few short height ones go up.

In a plane, on a rollercoaster near a storm.
    I think it's going to be a SkyScreamer at Great America. While I wish it was taller, it probably won't be unless they go to the board.

Outside of this, we know of "Full Throttle" at Six Flags Magic Mountain, the HUGE 385 foot tall Star Flyer (possibly even 410 feet) at Six Flags New England. Anyone else have anything else?

Could the first X-Flight clone go to SFOT? There is space with Texas Chute Out and Flashback coming out. They are on a curve bordering the entry road that is turning into park. I may have heard that shopping plaza adjacent to that site and Batman is owned by the park and vacated? That could be the site.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=six+fl...texas&t=h&z=18

I'd really love to see an x-flight clone at SFOG. However, I seriously doubt I'll see another coaster there for quite a few years
    Let it shine, let it shine
    On and on, on and on, come to life

David Crowder*Band: Give Us Rest (A Requiem Mass in C [The Happiest of All Keys])
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1-Thunderhead, 2-El Toro, 3-Wild One (SFA) | Steel Roller Coaster: 1-Intimidator 305, 2- Maverick, 3-Goliath (SFOG)

Ugh, this talk of clones. I'll never enjoy the thought of it unless it's simple designs like boomerangs, impulse coasters or flat rides obviously just to name a few examples. I always feel like if you're gonna spend millions of dollars and many of the bigger coasters, easily $10 million if not closer to $20 million, why not spend that little extra to make something a little different from previous models. If anything, it gives them a little room in their advertisement and can claim an all new design. I understand the whole logic of most people in the general public won't know blah, blah but that isn't as true as it used to be. With the internet and sites like Facebook, you see that people are fairly knowledgeable and recognize a clone or similar ride. Also, while parks attract far more people in the general public, they still do cater to enthusiasts too with various events and such. It doesn't have to be drastic changes but could be a simple loop where a hill was or vice versa a straight drop instead of a twisting drop, etc. Just a little something to make it unique. I'd love to see a little variety when it comes to the wing rider designs as well as all coasters really. At least there's Dollywood and Cedar Point for that, I guess. I'll hold out hope though that Six Flags gets some original designs.
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME
    Favorites: Amusement Park: 1. Cedar Point 2. SFGAm 3. Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1. The Voyage 2. Viper 3. The Boss 4. Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: 1. Millennium Force 2. Top Thrill Dragster 3. Maverick 4. Raging Bull 5. Raptor

From La Ronde's fb page. This is the 150 ft model. Maybe SFGAM could get this model.

MidwestInfoGuide Chief Editor
    I would be fine with a mirror image clone of X-Flight at SFSTL to keep the tradition going.
    | DHOLLON "SWOOSH" | ~ http://www.MIDWESTINFOGUIDE.com ~ | 585 COASTERS | MIZZOU-RAH! |
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Silver Dollar City | Wooden Roller Coaster: PROWLER™ | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force™

Any predictions on SFOG's new 2013 attraction?

I'm guessing a skyscreamer. I would LOVE to see SFOG completely re-do Cyclone, but that'd be a bit pricey.
    Let it shine, let it shine
    On and on, on and on, come to life

David Crowder*Band: Give Us Rest (A Requiem Mass in C [The Happiest of All Keys])
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1-Thunderhead, 2-El Toro, 3-Wild One (SFA) | Steel Roller Coaster: 1-Intimidator 305, 2- Maverick, 3-Goliath (SFOG)

http://www.sixflags.com/overGeorgia/guess/day.html
    SFOG's teaser page

I see green like it's over the tree tops.

Daniel they are redoing Cyclone, I think it's a 5 year project.

And yeah Leo someone has to end up with that green B&M track, why not Goliath's home. They'd tie Great Adventure for 5 B&M's.
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313

Proud Member of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

^I think it's safe to the the first sentence is correct. As for your second statement- I hope so. Possibly a Wing coaster themed to Green Lantern, but I'm still hoping for a floorless.

^^If anyone could slow down the images that disappear, we could get a good look.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SFOG13.JPG 
Views:	1078 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	20656
    I was able to catch a tile and I blew it up. It looks like the Star Flyer base. and that would be the queue at the bottom. We have a roof on our queue that surrounds the round pad of our Skyscreamer. This looks like that scenario. There is a shadow of the Star Flyer tower.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast