Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cedar Fair 2013

Good points. I'll leave my last comment in this thread as it has to do with Cedar Fair 2013 and something more than a new show is apparently coming to Carowinds. Once I've had a chance to scout the area myself and get an idea of the scope of the markings I'll start a separate thread. Right now all I've seen is a bunch of pictures close up of spray paint.

Hopefully I'll make it there this week. But first I must be off to Idlewild and Kennywood. I'm also trying to sneak a side trip into Lakemont and Six Flags America (hey, it's *almost* on the way home - just four hours out of the way )
    205 coasters and counting...
    Travel Blog | Twitter | Facebook
    Favorites: Amusement Park: All of them | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator

http://www.thrillnetwork.com/showthread.php?t=92508

I went ahead and started a Carowinds thread since there are markers all over creation, see the link and click the link on the thread to view the pictures.
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313

Proud Mem**r of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

In a plane, on a rollercoaster near a storm.
    Just a quick note, if the company's revenue is up even more than last years at the end of this quarter, then we'll be seeing close to $100 million in CapEx (9% of revenue). Of course, this also depends on how well the specific parks have done for their CapEx.

Well people do live dinosaurs. lol
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313

Proud Mem**r of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

In a plane, on a rollercoaster near a storm.
    ^They actually aren't all that bad. I've actually enjoyed walking Dinosaurs Alive and for $1 million, it's a great addition for families. Sure it's upcharge, but its popular for the most part and half of the admission price goes back to the park.

I have no doubt that Dinosaurs Alive, Fast Lane & the new Premium Parking areas have helped the chain this year. I've even seen people with Fast Lane at Michigan's Adventure.

Also, the chain's partnership with Mondial has helped keep the prices of WindSeeker installations down, this gives the chain more money to spend elsewhere.

In all honesty, it seems like a Six Flags move to install a whole bunch of Dinosaurs Alives & WindSeekers, but it's a good move and it really is profiting the company.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12