Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: SFMM Full Throttle 2013

Hybrid View

SFMM Full Throttle 2013

Six Flags had filed to trademark the name Full Throttle. Earlier this year there was a facebook leak about Full Throttle. There was a deleted post, a deleted page.

The long SBNO Metro monorail and the log flume were demolished in this last year. The tunnel for the old monorail, a conduit under the Superman coaster, still remains. The new coaster may go on the site of the old log flume and recycle the monorail tunnel. Premier might be the builder. Some supports in various rainbow colors have showed up behind Apocalypse recently. They do resemble Intamin supports used for Skyrush. This area could be viewed from the Skytower.

SFMM may also get a Star Flyer swing tower flat ride in 2013.
    Last edited by Leo C; 07-16-2012 at 10:45 PM.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

From guesses around the web, those are for a slingshot tower, as there arent any bolt holes where there normally would be for a support on a roller coaster.

For now it's not a Star Flyer either. It could be the trailer mounted slingshot tower for now. SFGADV and SFNE had it for a year.
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

As shown in the Six Flags 2013 thread.

Teh Band
    I don't see this coming the park is way over built to get a coaster like this

"Way over built"? I don't know what you even mean by that. Obviously over the last 15 years or so, Six Flags has made Magic Mountain one of their top priority and premier parks. Look at the coasters they've gotten during that time and I don't see any reason why they wouldn't build another coaster and extend their coaster lead.
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME
    Favorites: Amusement Park: 1. Cedar Point 2. SFGAm 3. Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1. The Voyage 2. Viper 3. The Boss 4. Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: 1. Millennium Force 2. Top Thrill Dragster 3. Maverick 4. Raging Bull 5. Raptor

Teh Band
    They had to remove parts from Revolution to build Tatsu. Superman Escape From Krypton and Terminator were the only 2 coasters that were worth it. Riddler's Revenge is what drew the final straw building around Free Fall. They need to make this park more family friendly

Hawk, start posting evidence to support your claims. You said you haven't even been to the park before so I really don't understand how you can "know" exactly whats "wrong" with the park.
    My God is not dead, He's surely alive. He's living on the inside, roaring like a lion
    Thrillnetwork Moderator, formerly Tigeraceray

Just keep your eyes on Christ - Lecrae
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Diamondback

Teh Band
    I have seen PTR for Six Flags Magic Mountain. Also I have cloose ties with cyrptcrusier.com alot of the stuff I post were his opinions. And last but not least take a look at these news clips from 2006
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnUavozOmNE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0h_RfT3qb4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zxqm...feature=relmfu

Taking someone else's opinion and posting them as your own view makes absolutely no sense what so ever. Once you visit a park, you have an opinion about a park. Right now you are posting hearsay.

Six Flags Magic Mountain was built for the thrill capital of the West. Nothing out there is going to come close to what that park offers and what they do offer works for that region. They have made that park more family friendly, but that particular park is based on complete thrills.

Like I said, you can't post someone else's opinions as your own. It doesn't work that way. It only makes your self less credible looking on a forum doing things like that.
    ~Website Admin and Staff Director~

Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator 305

Teh Band
    How could they make it family friendly ? Did you not see the 2006 news reports I posted. Still there are people who can't afford to drive to Knott's. In my opinion Lex Luther drop of Doom was a good investment for thrills in a diffrent way. Also in my opinion taking out Deja Vu was a good idea because it is taking a coaster out and getting ride of the teen/young adult crowds.Let me ask you this if you rember going to parks as a kid and always getting on the small rides did you wish that the park would put more fun rides in. The reason I say fun rides was because how were we sappost to know who chance or vekoma was. After I rode every ride in Camp Snoopy at Cedar Point I wish they had more but I as I got older I wanted more thrills.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Hawk, start posting evidence to support your claims. You said you haven't even been to the park before so I really don't understand how you can "know" exactly whats "wrong" with the park.
    I read up on reports that people make and that Six Flags makes
    Last edited by Daniel Barto; 08-26-2012 at 01:17 AM. Reason: Double post. In the futre, use the edit button

Hats for (Carousel)Horses Racer's Avatar
    ^And you believe everything people that you've never met say because...
    ThrillNetwork SpeedZone Editor and unofficial DB Editor
    Please stand with your feet flat on the... stand up.. no- why are you sitting??? STAND UP ON THE GEORGIA SCORCHER!!!
    2014 Coaster Draft: Leviathan, Banshee, Alpengeist, Aftershock, GoldStriker, DareDevilDive, GeorgiaScorcher, Tatsu, SheiKra
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath(SFOG)

Wow this thread went on quite the backroad, eh? I don't know much about Magic Mountain apart from their seemingly-awesome collection of custom coasters, something many Six Flags parks lack. Are there any hints that this is supposed to be a record-breaker or are we trying for simply a well-designed and unique ride?

^ Screamscape reports a 160' loop which, unfortunately, would no longer be a world record because of Gate Keeper.
    Let it shine, let it shine
    On and on, on and on, come to life

David Crowder*Band: Give Us Rest (A Requiem Mass in C [The Happiest of All Keys])
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1-Thunderhead, 2-El Toro, 3-Wild One (SFA) | Steel Roller Coaster: 1-Intimidator 305, 2- Maverick, 3-Goliath (SFOG)

Wrong Daniel. There are two separate categories for Worlds Tallest Inversion (which Gate Keeper will nab) and Worlds Tallest Loop (which this will supposedly nab).

Also, apparently this is Premier going by one of the latest tweets about heading back to California and watching out for a major news break in the coming week. Seeing as how Knotts isn't announcing anything, and everyone knows that August 30th is the announcement day for all things Six Flags, you can deduce that it is for Magic Mountain

Also, hawkman, they HAVE made the park FAR more family friendly with the addition of a new kiddie coaster, improvements within the Looney Toons Area as well as adding in a couple smaller rides that aren't as high end as most of their major attractions are. You can sit there and watch POVs all you want about a certain coaster, as well as read reviews on it as well...but until you physically go to the park and ride that ride, you really don't have an opinion on it in any manner. If that were true, then we'd all have a large ride count as watching a POV could be equated to having ridden it (which is not true).
    SpeedZone Staffer
    *2012 Draft 3rd Place!
    Creation List: Indecisive - Timber Wolf: The Hunt - Rewind - Omega - Forbidden Forest Ride - unknown
    Tutorials: Current: B&M Floorless/Sit-Down inverting
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Skyrocket

Quote Originally Posted by Joe R View Post
    Wrong Daniel. There are two separate categories for Worlds Tallest Inversion (which Gate Keeper will nab) and Worlds Tallest Loop (which this will supposedly nab).
    Ahhhh I forgot about that bit I stand corrected
    Let it shine, let it shine
    On and on, on and on, come to life

David Crowder*Band: Give Us Rest (A Requiem Mass in C [The Happiest of All Keys])
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1-Thunderhead, 2-El Toro, 3-Wild One (SFA) | Steel Roller Coaster: 1-Intimidator 305, 2- Maverick, 3-Goliath (SFOG)

Teh Band
    Still they don't have enough rides for people who are not ready for the bigger rides. I thought this was going to be an Intamin as they said. I was reading on another site that this would go 500 and it would be unerground.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkman View Post
    Still they don't have enough rides for people who are not ready for the bigger rides. I thought this was going to be an Intamin as they said. I was reading on another site that this would go 500 and it would be unerground.
    You really need to stop believing a bunch a baseless rumors from other websites.

And if you don't like what the park is doing, you simply never have to go. Your posts are becoming almost laughable.
    Never let em see you drop!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Hershey Park | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Skyrush

Teh Band
    Quote Originally Posted by Screamweaver View Post
    You really need to stop believing a bunch a baseless rumors from other websites.

And if you don't like what the park is doing, you simply never have to go. Your posts are becoming almost laughable.
    I did not buy that I was just throwing it out there that people have stuiped concepts of the ride.

Yeah, and it will be 1000 feet tall with jet engines and have 37 inversions too!
    ThrillNetwork Database Editor

"I won't stop riding roller coasters when I get old. I'll get old when I stop riding roller coasters" -Unknown
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World / Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Lets see, I decided to jump onto RCDB to prove a quick little point to ya. Here are the rides that I would consider Kiddy Coaster to what I deem a "Transition" Coaster (one that is getting taller, but not higher than 120 feet). Going from Smallest to Biggest:

Canyon Blaster (Kiddie) ~3ft
    Magic Flyer (Kiddie) 10ft
    Road Runner Express (Kiddie/Junior) ~28ft
    Ninja (Junior/Transition) 60ft
    Gold Rusher (Junior/Transition) 70ft
    Apocalypse (Transition) ~85ft
    Batman The Ride (Transition) 105ft
    Green Lantern: First Flight (Transition) 107ft
    Revolution (Transition) 113ft

These are going from about 3ft off the ground up to 113ft. That is 8 rides, meaning 9 of them would be for the more intense thrill seeker in all of us. So yea, they have near half of their rides geared towards the young ones and those not yet ready to tackle Viper, Goliath and X2. Intamin was rumored heavily by the-one-site-that-shall-not-be-named due to them wanting one. It was also hoped to be Mack, S&S (select few on this manufacturer), Premier (which seems to be true currently), Vekoma and even B&M (as they are rumored to be developing a new style launch system that is highly more reliable than what is available now). And the "500mph and underground" bit are from an online survey sent out to random sites. It was grossly exaggerated to keep facts moot and unknown. The tunnel is the ONLY part of the survey that has held ANY kind of truth throughout the beginning of this. Other rumors added into the ride are:

- Worlds Longest Steel
    - Worlds Highest Vertical Loop
    - Most Inversions
    - Fastest accelerating
    - Worlds Fastest
    - Worlds First element

The ride rumor from other sites is either going to range from highly sarcastic to what they truly want to see. Doesn't mean you should follow it and re-post it elsewhere as a backup to an argument of any manner.

Leo, from CoasterForce, the Log Flume site is readily believed to be used as the station and launch area. Pictures were posted that looked like some form of vehicle has been driven around back there recently, as well as the fact that a fence is up infront of it. I will take pictures myself come November and get them up in this thread as soon as possible.
    SpeedZone Staffer
    *2012 Draft 3rd Place!
    Creation List: Indecisive - Timber Wolf: The Hunt - Rewind - Omega - Forbidden Forest Ride - unknown
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Skyrocket

Teh Band
    - Worlds Longest Steel
    - Worlds Highest Vertical Loop
    - Most Inversions
    - Fastest accelerating
    - Worlds Fastest
    - Worlds First element

If this was the case for a coaster like parts would be showing up by now. Much like Milleuim force parts were showing up in late 1999 same with GateKeeper parts for the coaster are there it's very hard to see but I did see some parts as early as July.

And who ever made the servey that wanted it to go 500mph must have lost it because at 500mph not a single person would make it back at the station

The pieces of track removed/covered by dirt to allow access for the Tatsu construction site was replaced. There was not a layout revision on Revolution.

I realize the log flume is gone and is the potential Full Throttle site. I wouldn't mind if a slightly larger version of the Superman Ultimate Flight coaster from SFDK but with a transfer track and multiple trains criss crosses the Superman: Escape from Krypton coaster. Two launch coasters crossing each other would be pretty cool. It could soar over and under via the tunnel.

The parts for Gatekeeper are NOT on site as of yet. The park said so itself when announcing it. The track pieces and supports will be arriving later next month if not October.
    ~Website Admin and Staff Director~

Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator 305

I think we're being to hard on hawkman. You're new to this, right? And I'm guessing you're a youngster and I don't mean that as an insult if you are or not. Do some research first and truly think about what you're writing. We all get some info wrong from time to time or get something confused. The stuff you're posting though has been completely off on so many different things. If you do just a little research first, you could avoid some of those mistakes and people won't jump on you over some of the things you post especially when you push it over and over as fact.
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME
    Favorites: Amusement Park: 1. Cedar Point 2. SFGAm 3. Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1. The Voyage 2. Viper 3. The Boss 4. Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: 1. Millennium Force 2. Top Thrill Dragster 3. Maverick 4. Raging Bull 5. Raptor

I dont think we're being too hard. He's been a member on my site before and was a member for at least a year. I've tried to talk to him and get him to research information but he wont. He thinks that we're capable of looking it up but really, if you was in a debate over a certain issue and your opponent asked for evidence to support your claim and you don't produce any, that kind of makes your debate a lost cause. So don't expect him to change at all.
    My God is not dead, He's surely alive. He's living on the inside, roaring like a lion

Favorites: Amusement Park: Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Diamondback

Teh Band
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    I dont think we're being too hard. He's been a member on my site before and was a member for at least a year. I've tried to talk to him and get him to research information but he wont. He thinks that we're capable of looking it up but really, if you was in a debate over a certain issue and your opponent asked for evidence to support your claim and you don't produce any, that kind of makes your debate a lost cause. So don't expect him to change at all.
    I do my best and try to get as much info as I can so really just stop what you are doing

I was just trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. Like I said, sometimes we're wrong.
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME

Lol no worries. But anyways lets get back to the discussion of the thread.

The only part for gate keeper on site are bolts. Boxes upon Boxes of bolts. They themselves posted their own picture of them, but pictures were already up online elsewhere.

The survey was done by the park itself. They will exaggerate details of a ride they may want to eventually build, or get opinions on if something of that nature would even sound good to the public. It is actually a quite common occurrence as several Six Flags parks have asked what type of ride you would like to see/need at said park. In order to make sure it is all underwraps, they will make up random numbers and get a poll on it. What we know from the Survey is we are looking at a launch type ride that will use a tunnel that will subsequently enter and reverse out of.
    SpeedZone Staffer
    *2012 Draft 3rd Place!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast