Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carowinds 2013

Carowinds 2013

We're hearing rumblings of markings over near the flyers. Could Carowinds possibly be getting an unboxed Disaster Transport?

I like bobsleds, so that would be cool with me.

Photos are online at Carowinds Connection too.

http://carowindsconnection.com/viewt...efe44&start=30
    Last edited by Wes; 07-20-2012 at 07:24 PM.
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313

Proud Mem**r of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

In a plane, on a rollercoaster near a storm.
    My initial response would be no. Spokeswoman Annie Zelm has stated that the rides won't be moved to another location after dismantling.

However, one can read into that in whatever way they can. Just maybe she meant no other place in the park.

Even if it isn't moved, I'm sure the coaster would be stored. Cedar Point & the Cedar Fair chain are very famous for hoarding. The park still has all the WildCat cars. So maybe sometime in the future DT will make its way to another park.

Actually I believe some of the Wildcat cars went to ACE for their museum.

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

^Ah, well a number of them are still at the park then. There were some (including older ones and backups) in Mean Streak's infield until construction started on the new Haunt building.

Outside of what is possibly going in near the kiddie area of the park. Dinosaurs Alive may make its way to the park for 2013 as well.

Yeah, that certainly could be where Dinosaur's Alive is going (I'm pretty sure it's coming in 2013) but I don't think the area is big enough.
    205 coasters and counting...
    Travel Blog | Twitter | Facebook
    Favorites: Amusement Park: All of them | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator

I believe Dinosaurs Alive will be going in somewhere near the parking lot (in the most unused section that is a bit seclusive from the park). It's the only solution seeing as this is the ONLY Cedar Fair park that doesn't have a nice chunk of wooden area to put it.

Yeah, that' s the old season pass parking lot you're talking about. The season pass lot is one of the likely spots for something like that. There is some wooded area in the new land they purchased last year but it's away from the park right by the Interstate so not a good candidate for add-on admission.

I'll be going by there on Thursday with my good camera and telephoto lens to see what I can find (and to snag a ride or two on a coaster).
    Favorites: Amusement Park: All of them | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator

^ Yeah, I believe that's the only place it would work honestly haha. If you think about it, having it be by the interstate would be good advertising for the new DA (however, it might not work as well as in the presently possible area and like you said, the distance isn't so good).

Something has to be going in the Kid Area, those markers are there for a reason. New kiddie coaster perhaps? Don't really know if it'll be Avalanche Run. Let me know what you see in that area.

Dinosaurs Alive will be around $1 million to build. I'm just trying to see how much moolah might be going into Carowinds. It'd be easier if we knew how much Cedar Fair was spending in Capital Investments next year. We know Cedar Point will be $25 million of that total.

Here's an image that I put together. The blue dashed lines are were I found a large number of white dots marking curbs, signs, electrical boxes, etc. The red 'dot' shapes are where I found survey markers. Two are nails driven through pink tape into the asphalt and three are stakes. The blue dots with red circles are where I found orange flags. Those may or may not be related.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scout12_1.JPG 
Views:	140 
Size:	115.7 KB 
ID:	20590

Here's two of the survey markers that I was able to get readings off of. This is the one in the middle of Joe Cools driving school:

Name:	IMG_4551.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	46.1 KB 
ID:	20591
    This one is by the flyers:

Name:	IMG_4553.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	127.3 KB 
ID:	20592
    This is one in the asphalt:

Name:	IMG_4529.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	126.5 KB 
ID:	20593
    There also appears to be something going on near the entrance to Camp Killauee: (that's the area behind the picnic shelter between Afterburn and Joe Cool's Driving School.

Name:	IMG_4557.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	116.9 KB 
ID:	20594

The scale of this and the location is starting to confirm my suspicions that this may be the makings of Dinosaurs Alive.

A dinosaur attraction upcharge next to a kids area sounds logical.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

I missed the markings at the front of the park (outside the gate). It looks like they're moving some, or all of the back picnic shelters to the front area where the rest of the shelters are. Rumors seem to be pretty strong that this is just Dinosaurs alive in an undeveloped partially wooded area of the park. The bad news is that it looks like the popular Joe Cool's driving school will be removed. If we're lucky, they will relocate that somewhere else.

Moving the shelters all near eachother would be terrific.

As for Dinosaurs Alive, I am pretty sure that is what is going in back in that area.

Joe Cool's Driving School could be moved to another area of Planet Snoopy if possible? With rumors of some parks receiving expansions to Planet Snoopy, it would make sense that Carowinds will at least be getting something in the area.

Dinosaurs Alive! has been a HUGE moneymaker at all the other parks it has been installed at thus far. That is always good news. Be prepared for Carowinds to begin making bank.

All signs seem to point to dinos coming.

I didn't even really care or try to look for pictures for the removal of Disaster Transport but I came upon them. it was being ripped and torched apart so it's off to the scrap yard. Not a relocation to Carowinds, Dorney, MIA, etc....
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

Yeah, I noted that too about Disaster Transport. With the way they tore it apart it is clearly going to the scrap yard and not being relocated anywhere.

Teh Band
    I have heard that they might be adding new kid's rides

Name:	Carowinds13.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	20671

Dinosaurs Oh boy!

Looking more and more like dinos.

Up on carowinds.com now:

Name:	2013.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	20670

Too funny our posting times.

Sorry guys. Looks like the upcharge dinos. I hope they don't take your car ride away.

lulz great minds think alike.

Hope they don't take the cars out either.

Screamscape pointed out the image name for that same banner we attached: "http://www.carowinds.com/images/banners/CC12-285%20dinosaurs%20alive%20teaser%20web%20banner.jp g"

It's been taken off the website! lol

I would be embarrassed beyond that posting snafu.

Teh Band
    They are making an annoucement on the 21st. It is also rumored to get more rides on Planet Snoopy

I don't know which rumor you are hearing, did you read what we posted above?

What are your sources?

http://www.carowinds.com/what-s-new/...nosaurs-alive-

It's the stupid dinos. I won't be renewing my pass for 2013. Canada will get that money.

Doesn't your pass work at Wonderland too though?
    ThrillNetwork Moderator(Originally known as Nitro Luvr)
    2014 Coaster Draft Selection - Shambhala - Katun - Troy - Superman / la Atracción de Acero - Nefeskesen - Mammut - Air - Big Thunder Mountain
    Proud mem**r of the 400 club!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Thunderhead, Mammut, and Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Hyper-Nitro, Giga-Intimidator 305, LIM/LSM- bluefire, Inverted-Katun, Floorless-Kraken, Flying-Manta

Teh Band
    It is good for the park.

Does the walkway through Afterburn and down to the old entrance have space to eat up exhibits of this dino attraction? It would be nice to minimize the destruction, possible ride closure this upcharge construction would bring.

Antoine I have to buy a Plantium Pass for that, $180, no thanks.

Leo where you referring is now used as one of the haunts, so it seems that if the flags mark the spot, they are probably taking out the car ride.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast