Thread: Backwards Batman:The Ride SFGAM, SFStL testing

Backwards Batman:The Ride SFGAM, SFStL testing

Last week I heard two rows on the Batman: The Ride at SFSTL were reset backwards and tested along the course. The ride is already pretty intense going through a short layout forward.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

Oh sweet god. KEEP IT LIKE THAT GOD DAMNIT! I remember riding this when I was younger. Sweet GOD did that thing keep me in my seat as a kid. I want backwards ride on this, badly <3
    SpeedZone Staffer
    *2012 Draft 3rd Place!
    Creation List: Indecisive - Timber Wolf: The Hunt - Rewind - Omega - Forbidden Forest Ride - unknown
    Tutorials: Current: B&M Floorless/Sit-Down inverting
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Skyrocket

https://twitter.com/renegade3113/sta...758080/photo/1

SFGAM is going to do it! Limited time Opening Weekend with the original Batman The Ride.
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

Rage....just.....so much......rage. PLEASE let there be video of this when they open it.
    SpeedZone Staffer
    *2012 Draft 3rd Place!
    Creation List: Indecisive - Timber Wolf: The Hunt - Rewind - Omega - Forbidden Forest Ride - unknown
    Tutorials: Current: B&M Floorless/Sit-Down inverting
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Skyrocket

It's here! The video of SFGAM's Batman: The Ride running in reverse.

I think its cool that they are trying to offer a different experience for an aging ride...however this just seems really intense for me. Strange enough I love Batman the Ride, but knowing every sensation on that ride, I just feel like I might be falling out of the train etc. It seems like it would make me dizzy too and its possible a lot of other riders would eventually second that notion.

If anyone rides please let me know what it was like etc.

P.S. Are they planning to use the same restraint system? No extra seat belts or anything? I know on Deja Vu its hard to feel secure in your seat and easy to get bounced around in your restraint while going backwards.Maybe it has to do with the fact that there is nowhere to place your legs in order to brace oneself.
    Always sunny but sometimes it rains...then we go see a show until the rides re-open.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Hershey park/ Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhawk at Dorneypark in Allentown P.A | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator 305

I will be going tomorrow to ride it, of course if the weather decides to cooperate at all.

^I think the difference with Deja Vu is that you were vertical for such a long time before the ride started. Think of inverted boomerang coasters, I don't believe those use any special type of restraint. I've only been on one so I can't remember for sure.

I'll be sure to post sometime tomorrow or the next day about what I thought of the ride.
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME
    Favorites: Amusement Park: 1. Cedar Point 2. SFGAm 3. Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1. The Voyage 2. Viper 3. The Boss 4. Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: 1. Millennium Force 2. Top Thrill Dragster 3. Maverick 4. Raging Bull 5. Raptor