Thread: Gold Striker: New CF Trademark

Hybrid View

Gold Striker: New CF Trademark

I've heard Cedar Fair trademarked the name Gold Striker. For what attraction in the future could this name be used for?
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

In a plane, on a rollercoaster near a storm.
    ^ I was just about to post this, good catch Leo haha.

As for the name, I'm sure we can discredit it from being used for CP's 2013 attraction (that would make so sense). It would be more "Western" themed I'm sure if it's a ride. Going beyond that, remember when Stratosoar was trademarked and never used (it has since expired).

So it might end up going into a park with a Western themed area. Michigan's Adventure anyone??

I was thinking with a western theme, Knotts sounds about right. They have a western area right?
    My God is not dead, He's surely alive. He's living on the inside, roaring like a lion
    Thrillnetwork Moderator, formerly Tigeraceray

Just keep your eyes on Christ - Lecrae
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Diamondback

A screen shot of the application or filing has the list of souvenir items it could be used for. A name worthy for a ride that deserves a shelf, corner of a gift shop.
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

In a plane, on a rollercoaster near a storm.
    Correct, here are the Cedar Fair parks with distinctive Western/Frontier Themed areas

-Knott's Berry Farm-Ghost Town
    -Michigan's Adventure-Timbertown
    -Cedar Point-Frontier Trail/Frontiertown
    -Kings Island-Rivertown

In addition, with Renegade opening at Valleyfair, there is a tad bit of Western Theming going on in that area of the park.

Too bad it wasn't Oil Striker...I could see an S&S Combo Tower coming out of it (if it is indeed for MIA as it's the only park in the chain without a tower).

EDIT: Check out this picture talking about California's Great America new coaster. It's a gold miner and it says Au13 (Au is gold)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-sX60dOv4sF...s1600/Au13.jpg
    Last edited by tornbretto; 08-01-2012 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Post Link

I was actually gonna post something about the new ride as Knotts is down south and the gold rush was more mid to northern california if history serves me proper, which is where Californias Great America dwells :3

Methinks I will have to make CGA a must go on my trip. That Platinum Pass is looking more and more delicious atm.

I just saw the update on CGA and that they're going to use the Gold Striker name. The 49ers will be next door anyway. Great name for cross marketing with the soon to be be new stadium next door.
    Last edited by Leo C; 08-01-2012 at 10:40 AM.