Thread: Article: Flashback and Texas Chute out to close at Six Flags Over Texas

Article: Flashback and Texas Chute out to close at Six Flags Over Texas

ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

I hope Flashback doesn't go to SFSTL. It would be like Carowinds receiving Carolina Cobra. I would hope a new train is included if it happens. I wouldn't be quite thrilled to see a the Vekoma Ninja and this ride possibly near each other at SFSTL.

The SFGADV Parachute Drop would be the only one left in the chain. I believe it was relocated to the park from SFOMA (what SFSTL was back then).

Minetrain Poster The Skooter Guy's Avatar
    Flashback is likely to be sold & relocated to a different park.

Can a X-Flight clone fit in that corner of the park? The Great Gasp leaving SFOG produced Goliath.

I won't miss Flashback at all, but I'm sad to see Chute Out go. That being said, along with the unused bumper car building and the abandoned strip mall at the corner of Six Flags Dr. and Copeland Rd., the removal of these two rides actually opens up a good sized chunk of land. Whether or not they're planning on using all of it is anyone's guess, though.
    ThrillNetwork Moderator
    Houston Thrills Central | Freude Am Leben
    Marvel McFey is dead.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Undecided | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ride of Steel (SFNE)

Coming from New Jersey with SFGADV buffered with all those trees I was surprised when I first came to SFOT and discovered that strip mall right there. It has to go down. It was the same situation when I went to visit the grassy field that once was Astroworld: I was surprised a Chevy dealership was right next to the former site of the Texas Cyclone on the corner.

I brought it to the attention of a SFGADV fan site that the Chute Out was closing. We discussed the possibility that we would have the only one left in the chain and get the spare parts. Our Parachute Drop was just repainted a rainbow color 2 seasons ago. The SFGADV park president seems persistent to not let anymore attractions for now leave SFGADV and to build our collection up again.

I'm open to the idea of a small twister wooden coaster for that area as well.
    Last edited by Leo C; 08-05-2012 at 10:40 AM.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

There she goes!
    http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/197863...d-at-six-flags

Texas Chute Out implosion