Thread: Knotts berry Farm 2013/2014

Knotts berry Farm 2013/2014

Word of the net has stated to get your ride in on Perilous Plunge before September 3rd, in which it will be closed and removed for a soon to be announced attraction (rumored giga coaster, but more than likely flat rodes or snoopy expansion).

Thoughts and confirmation anyone (Facebook sounds the best source for KBF)?
    SpeedZone Staffer
    *2012 Draft 3rd Place!
    Creation List: Indecisive - Timber Wolf: The Hunt - Rewind - Omega - Forbidden Forest Ride - unknown
    Tutorials: Current: B&M Floorless/Sit-Down inverting
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Skyrocket

Darn, I was always interested in riding Perilous Plunge if and when I get the chance to go there. Being that I've never been there, I can only go by what I've heard and that's they're a relatively small park and locked in by roads and such. With just the removal of that ride, would there be room for a giga, even if it were a compact one?
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME
    Favorites: Amusement Park: 1. Cedar Point 2. SFGAm 3. Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1. The Voyage 2. Viper 3. The Boss 4. Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: 1. Millennium Force 2. Top Thrill Dragster 3. Maverick 4. Raging Bull 5. Raptor

According to those that live out there, there has been some land cleared. The hyper/giga is just a rumor that has been around for a few years now, but it may see some credibility within the upcoming months.

Regardless, something is being removed for some reason or other.

Only evidence is apparently a pulled post from KBF in whoch the only reason I knew it had exosted was a single response showing upon their timeline saying something along the lines of:

"Sucks to see Pwrilous Plunge go. Wonder what you will be putting in there?"

Looks like an intentional leak to me.

In a plane, on a rollercoaster near a storm.
    I can confirm that Perilous Plunge will be closing on Labor Day. There is a lot of room back there for something.

Can they just get a hyper? Skyrush has led the way for riduculously short but intense coasters. A mini hyper B&M would be great because Goliath at SFMM can't be the only hyper on the West Coast. They have to do something about that. People can drive to Vegas but Desperado is now an older Arrow.

I never rode the Plunge. I think it had opened later in the day for me. I was more focused on Xccelerator which had a late opening the day I went.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

You technically have X2 as well as Desperado. If they do the hyper route, it will be taller than Goliath...so why not just jump the extra 25-30 feet and do a giga.

The smaller park should shoot for 200ft.
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

Teh Band
    That is way too small for a giga coaster.

The Perilous Plunge site will have a wild mouse and a couple flat rides for 2013
    Katie wrote an article about it: http://www.thrillnetwork.com/content...s-to-Boardwalk

The mouse will not be the more traditional one like found at Carowinds. It looks like it will have the extended drop like the model at Kings Dominion.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Knotts Coast Rider2013.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	153.6 KB 
ID:	20724

Teh Band
    The Scrambler has been in storage since 2007 and this places the giga coaster rumor to rest thank god

The Scrambler could go back in storage. The wild mouse even if it has permanent footers could be removed. It's not too large. A small park nearby retired their wild mouse. With Disney around the corner and Magic Mountain in the region I just can't let every rumor die with Knotts. It's a market of some big dogs, uber competitive.

hawkman, have you ever been to the park? Do you even talk to those that own season passes and visit the park regularily or have in the past?

Granted I have never been, but I know lots that have (plus those on CoasterForce) and they say something akin to Leviathan is workable there. Even with this new addition the ride can still fit snug and safe. Please stop assuming.

For the record, look to Blackpool Pleasure Beach for how shoe-horned rides can get.

I guess Magic Mountain really is the thrill capital of California. When I return to SoCal I have to do everything added since Tatsu. I've never done Legoland in Carlsbad. That selection is on par with the coasters Knott's added since Silver Bullet. Add Seaworld's Manta I'm in for some soft family coasters. I think I'll be begging to get on Tatsu and Lex Luther whenever I get back there.

Hersheypark has gone the Blackpool route and I didn't really enjoy it. Knott's I think should try to pull it off. Don't mess with the Wild West section anymore though.

Name:	562237_10151273635695876_1884007530_n.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	267.1 KB 
ID:	20889

Coast Rider is going up. White supports, orange track.

From the Knotts Berry Farm facebook page.

Name:	599248_10151282744500876_60550227_n.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	242.1 KB 
ID:	20898

Another collage of recent work on Coast Rider from the Knotts Berry Farm facebook page.

Name:	547103_10151314585990876_1116631489_n.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	231.4 KB 
ID:	20968

New wild mouse cars from Mack.
    From the Knotts facebook page.