Thread: Article: After Knott's Windseeker breakdown, all Windseekers closed

Article: After Knott's Windseeker breakdown, all Windseekers closed

ThrillNetwork editor emeritus - NSCIGC member
    Voyage is the best coaster
    Raptor ride count - 1,160.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Holiday World, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

The Fails must finally be addressed. We're sure Intamin didn't build this?
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

Minetrain Poster The Skooter Guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo C View Post
    The Fails must finally be addressed. We're sure Intamin didn't build this?
    No, Mondial built Windseeker rides. So who designed them? Retarded people?

There is an upside to this. At least it wasn't built by toyota and the accelerator got stuck.

There they go with prototypes again!

......to the tune of "Where Have All The Flowers Gone"....

Where have all the prototypes gone, long time passing?
    Where have all the prototypes gone, long, long time ago?
    Where have all the prototypes gone?
    Gone to graveyards, every one.
    When will they ever learn?
    When will they ever learn?

.....apologies to Mr. Pete Seger

Someone has to debut the prototypes. Both big and small parks take the chances. For the examples SFGADV had I didn't like them. Coaster prototypes, many of them are shortchanged like VIPER at SFGADV and Hypersonic XLC. When the little park takes the chance with the prototype at least they have less riders to deal with. I'm glad Nick Universe and Camp Snoopy took some chances being an small indoor park that also protects those rides from destructive elements.

Teh Band
    Cedar Fair tends to close all types of rides if one has a majior accadent. In 2007 after the girl got her legs severed at SFKK Cedar Fair closed all of thier drop towers

If there weren't prototypes, most rides would not exist today. You have to eventually create something new because people get tired of the same ole thing. If it wasn't for Xcelerator, there wouldn't be a Desert Race, Kingda Ka, TTD, Furius Baco, or Stealth. If it wasn't for Batman: The Ride, there wouldn't be a Montu, Alpengeist, Katun, or Nemesis. The point is that you have to take those chances and yes this can be the result of it sometimes too. But once you get it right, boy can the popularity of the rides really take off.
    ThrillNetwork Moderator(Originally known as Nitro Luvr)
    2014 Coaster Draft Selection - Shambhala - Katun - Troy - Superman / la Atracción de Acero - Nefeskesen - Mammut - Air - Big Thunder Mountain
    Proud mem**r of the 400 club!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Thunderhead, Mammut, and Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Hyper-Nitro, Giga-Intimidator 305, LIM/LSM- bluefire, Inverted-Katun, Floorless-Kraken, Flying-Manta

At least it's near the end of the park season for a majority of the Cedar Fair parks.

Yeah true, so it shouldn't be missed by most people. The majority of folks visiting amusement parks at this time of year are locals with season passes that have already been there quite a few times already. Only exception for that would be the state of Florida. But no Cedar Fair down there.
    2014 Coaster Draft Selection - Shambhala - Katun - Troy - Superman / la Atracción de Acero - Nefeskesen - Mammut - Air - Big Thunder Mountain
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Thunderhead, Mammut, and Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Hyper-Nitro, Giga-Intimidator 305, LIM/LSM- bluefire, Inverted-Katun, Floorless-Kraken, Flying-Manta

I noticed Carowinds' was down Saturday, now I know why.

The incident having happened in a "sue happy" state probably didn't help matters.

I don't know what in the world they will sue about. Soiling their pants and asking for replacement jeans? That should cost 50 bucks tops! A customer would be an absolute fool if they considered suing. But I can see it happening though.

Quote Originally Posted by Antoine View Post
    I don't know what in the world they will sue about. Soiling their pants and asking for replacement jeans? That should cost 50 bucks tops! A customer would be an absolute fool if they considered suing. But I can see it happening though.
    Unlawful imprisonment, trauma, emotional/mental distress. These guys can find any reason to sue.