View Poll Results: Have you blacked out on a coaster?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I have

5 10.42%
  • I almost have

23 47.92%
  • I never have

20 41.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you blacked out on coaster?

Have you blacked out on coaster?

Have you blacked out on a coaster or come close??

If so what coaster??

I have omost blacked out on Goliath.
    Member 399
    Coaster Count: 135
    Park Count: 20
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

If you would count "grey-outs", which I believe is a weaker version of a black out, then I have had a couple of them on Nitro.
    "YOU got into Harvard Law School?!"
    "Why, is that hard?"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Mean Streak | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Hyper Poster
    I never haveone not even gray outs
    Sup you coaster gangstas, old school x-cellent is here to shank yo ugly asses.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: KBF | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: S:ROS

Let gravity do the work.
    The closest I have come to a black out was a VERY VERY dark grey out , that which I had experienced in the helix finale on Goliath. 4.5 Gs worth of horizontal seat plastering. Oh MAMA!

Victory Not Vengeance DrachenFire96's Avatar
    I greyed out on GASM at SFGADV going into the third loop and I nearly blacked out when my head was jarred against the shoulder restraint going into the first corkscrew. That coaster needs a little help...and people say Drachen Fire was rough...my God, DF was nowhere like this coaster...that was a horrid experience for me.

No other coaster has ever done that to me, but the height on drop towers gets me incredibly woozy.
    Ich lebe deinen Traum!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: depends on my mood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Legend | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force, Batwing/X-Flight

i almost did on viper at SFOG

Strata Poster
    umm my sight got blured on laser all i did was blink and was back i don't know if that counts as greying out
    Last edited by Medusa1861; 09-22-2001 at 10:53 AM.
    I love Jessica! She's the greatest girl in the whole world! Proud Member of the BBFC
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Villain | Steel Roller Coaster: Batman & Robin the chiller

The ONLY one that makes me "grey out" but not black out is Shockwave SFGAM, during the 2nd or 3rd loop, but it only happens for half a second
    ~ RAPTOR
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast, Mean Streak, Viper, Thunderbolt | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200, Millennium Force, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), Montu, Expedition Everest, Raptor

Strata Poster
    i've gotten tunnel vision on goliath, thats freaky.
    Its murda...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Epcot | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Coaster, Playland | Steel Roller Coaster: The Hulk

By saying that you black out, does that mean like passing out, or what???

I had it happen once on Shockwave @ SFGAM and once on Millenium Force @ CP.

Grayed out on the Nitro helix and through the first loop on B:TR for some odd reason.

Medusa, please do try to be more civil. We can't all have the G-force tolerance that you claim to have... also, ride a few more before you say you "never will."
    HD: "What's with the stapling? Where's the airtime? Where's the love?"
    Supreme Scream Op: "Where's the love?! The love is me making sure that when this ride comes down, you're still on it!"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Alton Towers | Wooden Roller Coaster: GhostRider | Steel Roller Coaster: X

Better Than Any Roller Coaster SFGadvKing's Avatar
    i never had but the closest i came was the helix on nitro
    I was once TN's top poster!
    2007 Gadv Count: Kingda Ka-6, El Toro-6, Nitro-4, Medusa-2, S:UF-2, R:TC-1, B:TC-, GASM-0, Skull Mt-0, B:TR-0, RMT-0, RT-0
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka

My brain shuts down when it's doing something it doesen't want to and when my conscience is doing something fun...and it shut down....right on the drop on MF...but it wasn't fainting, it was just like an out-of-body experience or something. And I also don't remember most of the ride....only the lift, middle of first overbanked turn, top of second big hill, and the rest of the ride after the second tunnel.
    let's limming
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Over Texas | Wooden Roller Coaster: me no no :( | Steel Roller Coaster: joker's jinx or mr. freeze limmers!

nope never have
    all hail cedar point
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

I've never blacked or grayed out but after riding MF I was so dizzy and light headed i got off on the wrong side and fell over. It was awesome though.
    Millennium Force-You don't ride it, you survive it!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Mean Streak | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

I got very blurred tunnel vision on Goliath.
    Put your hands up!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Magic Mountain | Wooden Roller Coaster: Cyclone | Steel Roller Coaster: The Riddler's Revenge

I got very blurred visoin on shockwave at SFGAM and in the front seat on b:tr at SFGAM

Inverted Poster
    Nope but sometimes i get lightheaded
    New England Patriots, the Super Bowl XXXVI Champions will defend their Championship well this year by winning again. You saw it here first.
    USA is in the Top 10 of the FIFA World Rankings for the first time ever.
    Congrats to Brazil for winning the 2002 FIFA World Cup.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Lake Compounce | Wooden Roller Coaster: Boulder Dash | Steel Roller Coaster: Supeman Ride of Steel at Six Flags New England

On Kraken right before the brake run and on Hulk during/after the cobra roll I get a bit of a grey-out, but not on any others.
    "BECAUSE someone like you cared a whole afwul lot, this park is alive where before it was not." -The Street of the Lifted Lorax, IOA
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kennywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200

I never have but i was on one of those bungee slingshot things and this girl i was with had a MAJOR black out....like she was out like a light from the launch and didnt come round until the end...maybe she just fainted. Is there a difference?
    There are only 10 types of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: SFMM | Steel Roller Coaster: X

I have blacked out on shockwave, iron wolf and B:TR not a clone
    Top Five 1)TTD 1)Raging Bull 3)Montu 4Deja Vu 5)MF
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands Of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Viper | Steel Roller Coaster: RB & TTD

Hyper Poster
    i never have blacked out on a coaster, but my freind came really close to it. he was at Six Flags Over Texas and almost blacked out on Titan.

AP

no

Nope, never blacked out on a coaster

I have never blacked out on a coaster! I do have to say though that my first ride on Titan I got off and my legs felt like a bowl of jello ! I was just stepping out of the train and boy my legs were all mushy- I staggered off- I shook my head little and began walking to the exit like I had to much to drink!! I am sure it was a funny sight! Whatta feeling, never had that feel after getting off a coaster before!! IT WAS GREAT!!
    I left my heart in Sandusky!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Grizzly | Steel Roller Coaster: Top Thrill Dragster

Back wehn Rpator was new, 94 I think, and we had just done the first zero-g roll and I lost all bearing of where on the coaster I was, and did not regain until the final helix. After that, I have not had any experiences like what I had.

Upsidedown Rider Johnny Upsidedown's Avatar

Cool

Blacked out or I call it grey out.

This happend on Titan at Six Flags Over Texas on Media Day.
    Sometimes the mid brake would not slow the train enough. This happend around ride 30 that morning. Very powerfull g's in the helixes.

See ya upsidedown
    Johnny
    Johnny Upsidedown's Roller Coaster Website
    www.Johnnyupsidedown.com
    Stop by and take a look at lots of coaster photos, construction and trip reports.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Tampa | Wooden Roller Coaster: Kentucky Rumbler | Steel Roller Coaster: MF, Montu

I blacked ut after the second loop on the canyon blaster at circus circus adventuredome.

really freaked me out.
    PatMan like SFGADV Rocks
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Nitro

Suspended Poster
    Not blacked out, but I felt powerful g's and fuzziness on montu's batwing...very good ride though
    How to keep an idiot busy:
    See MountainMan's Sig

USF 2004!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Dania Beach Hurricane | Steel Roller Coaster: Incredible Hulk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast