Thread: Markey: This dosen't make sence

Inverted Poster

Markey: This dosen't make sence

Check out this article on This Page Cannot Be Displayed (http://www.thispagecannotbedisplayed.net). [url]http://www.This Page Cannot Be Displayed (http://www.thispagecannotbedisplayed.net).com/news/news.asp?NewsID=2761[/url] It says that accidents at amusement parks are down, when accidents ate carnivals and fairs are up.

Now, Markey wants the amusement parks to be federally investigated and what not just as the travelling carnivals are. But, why the heck is it neccesarry when the parks are much, much safer? I'm telling you, he's the devil! ;)
    Let's go Denver Nuggets! 2005 NBA Champions!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, WDW, and IOA (three way tie for 1st) | Wooden Roller Coaster: Any CCI or GCI | Steel Roller Coaster: Any hyper/giga

Been Here Since the Begining Sir Willow's Avatar
    No, he's not. Hes a senator concerned about the public's safety.

How do you know the parks are safer? Do you see an accounting of every accident and injury at the parks? No way! Not even close. How do you know how safe your park really is? You can look it up for carnivals because they have to report everything, as well as full documentation of their inspections. Why shouldn't the parks have to do that to?

As an example- how many kids were injured on Roger Rabbit at Disneyland before that little boy was severly injured and almost killed? How many similar accidents like this were there, where if they were known something might have been done to prevent the last one? You don't know cause Disney doesn't want you to know. Neither does SF or the other companies.

Why don't the parks let in federal investigators when an accident occurs? What are they trying to hide, and why are they allowed to hide it? Carnivals aren't. Is that fair?

I think that when you actually examine markey's bill and propositions, you'll find that they are actually very reasonable.
    Have you read my number 1 best seller? There will be a test! ~God
    Life with God is one thrill ride you'll never want to get off of.
    My park & coaster photos: Sir Willow's Smugmug pictures
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Silver Dollar City, Dollywood, Bonfante Gardens, Holiday World, SFGrAm, Legoland and Disneyland | Wooden Roller Coaster: Phoenix,Thunderhead- Dollywood, NM Rattler, Raven & Legend- HW, Viper- SFGrAm, Giant Dipper-SCBB | Steel Roller Coaster: X!!, Goliath, Talon, Millenium Force, Montu, Kumba, others

But making fun of Ed Markey has become a tradition, why we do it is not very important anymore :)

He's got good motives, but if people start believing his unknowledgable trash about how roller coasters are "dangerous" we could be seing some restrictions put on coasters. That would be bad.
    STRUCK DOWN! - Erie Hardcore

www.hxcmp3.com/struck_down
    www.purevolume.com/struckdown
    www.myspace.com/struckdown
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Looping Poster
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Metalhead 777 [/i]
    [B]He's got good motives, but if people start believing his unknowledgable trash about how roller coasters are "dangerous" we could be seing some restrictions put on coasters. That would be bad. [/B][/QUOTE]

not in england though :)
    Nemesis Rulez!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Alton Towers | Wooden Roller Coaster: Megaphobia / Zeus | Steel Roller Coaster: Nemesis

Corkscrew Poster
    But doesn't England already have some rule about how coasters can't go higher than the trees?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by mooses41 [/i]
    [B]But doesn't England already have some rule about how coasters can't go higher than the trees? [/B][/QUOTE]

Well as far as I know, that's only in Alton Towers. BPB doesn't have that rule...I'm not sure about the other parks (those are the main two I know about, since they're on my videos).

Anyway, about Markey. Sir Willow brings up some good points...it's very possible that there are many more injuries at parks than we know about. Therefore I would think inspections in parks would be okay. If he starts putting restrictions on roller coasters that have large stats but haven't really hurt anybody (i.e. Millennium Force, Nitro, etc.), then I'd be a bit concerned. But I wouldn't really see much of a problem inspecting rides such as SFNE's S:ROS or other rides that have had recent problems.

I don't know, I'm kind of vague on this whole Markey issue. (Plus being that it's past 2 in the morning, I'm not exactly thinking clearly, so if what I'm saying doesn't make sense, don't blame me entirely :) )

In simplest terms, all I've been hearing is "We good, Markey bad", and I'm not exactly sure why. If anyone could provide a link to something where he says he's going to enforce much stricter rules on amusement parks/carnivals and mess up many of the roller coasters we all know and love, I'd be very grateful.
    "YOU got into Harvard Law School?!"
    "Why, is that hard?"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Mean Streak | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Corkscrew Poster
    Here's a link:
    [url]http://www.This Page Cannot Be Displayed (http://www.thispagecannotbedisplayed.net).com/editorial/editorial.asp?FeatureID=2104[/url]
    [IMG]http://This Page Cannot Be Displayed (http://www.thispagecannotbedisplayed.net).com/images/markey.gif[/IMG]

Strata Poster
    of course he's the devil. and i like that pic.u
    Its murda...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Epcot | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Coaster, Playland | Steel Roller Coaster: The Hulk

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by CoAStERz_36 [/i]
    [B]But making fun of Ed Markey has become a tradition, why we do it is not very important anymore :) [/B][/QUOTE]Considering we all love coasters, and since Markey wants to regulate them more then they currently are, he's an easy target. It gets old after awhile, but still can be very fun.
    Aaron Cedoras: Thrillnetwork Story Editor
    "Dead men tell no tales..."

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force and Steel Dragon 2000. I can't make up my mind between the two, so don't ask.